All Blue Bluestone
All Blue Bluestone: Delivery and Pickup in NJ, NY, PA & CT
Braen Supply is the leading supplier of all blue bluestone throughout the greater NJ and NY areas. For years, irregular cut bluestone has been a favorite material of local homeowners looking to install elegant and sophisticated yet inviting outdoor living spaces.
Our bluestone flagstone products are manufactured with the utmost care and attention to detail ensuring that you will enjoy a beautiful, high-quality, and durable patio that will last for a lifetime.
Irregular Cut All Blue Bluestone Described
Don’t let the name deceive you – although it’s referred to as “all blue” bluestone, this particular type of natural stone also features shades of gray and white. This is different from full color bluestone which may also include hues such as tan, brown, or green. But while it may offer fewer color variations than its full color counterpart, all blue bluestone will not fail to excite.
The varying tints and shades within the limited palette work beautifully with one another to add dimension and interest to any patio. When this is paired with the unique and naturalistic irregular cut of the stone, you’re left with a patio area that will delight you and your guests for many years to come.
Benefits of All Blue Bluestone
Those homeowners who elect to work with all blue bluestone do so because they enjoy:
- Consistency – Many homeowners enjoy working with all blue bluestone because it offers them a sense of consistency and control in the coloration of the materials. Although it’s true that you’ll find different shades within the bluestone, you can select from stones that meet your specific desires and work to create interesting patterns that marry the hues together with one another and with other features throughout the landscape. It’s extremely easy to find gorgeous all blue bluestone units that can easily be used to compliment other aspects of the property while still having the ability to stand out on their own.
- Theme/Style Versatility – Regardless of the theme or style that you’re trying to create throughout your property, all blue bluestone is the perfect fit. The soft and appealing colors lend themselves to establishing a peaceful oasis where friends and family can gather together for a barbecue. At the same time, the stones can evoke a sense of nature when used to surface a garden terrace. The elegant colors are also reminiscent of old style European architecture, completing the stately theme that you’ve been dreaming of.
- Subtlety– The soft and subtle tones that are characteristic of all blue bluestone ensure that your patio will become a timeless centerpiece for your property. Even if other features throughout the landscape or home change over time, the bluestone will still be able to work nicely with any other types of materials and will continue to look and function beautifully for a lifetime and beyond.
- Sophistication – There’s something distinctly modern, chic and highly sophisticated about the classic blues and grays that are associated with all blue bluestone. The stone offers a sense of stately elegance to your patio in a way that is sure to impress your guests while making you feel as though you’re living in the lap of luxury.
Benefits of Irregular Cut Bluestone
Homeowners who opt to install irregular cut patios instead of using dimension cut stone enjoy:
- Visual Intrigue – For those who enjoy the truly unique, there’s no better option for your patio than an irregular cut bluestone. Although it’s possible to create interesting patterns with rectangular shaped stone, the irregular cuts make each unit one-of-a-kind. You’ll have so much freedom here as you choose how to lay out each individual paver, pairing specific shapes and angles up with one another to create an original texture and sense of depth and dimension that represents your own unique sense of style. Because no two stones are exactly alike, you’ll never tire of looking at your patio, and every single time you’re sure to notice a new detail that you had never spotted before.
- Creative Designs and Flexibility – One of the greatest advantages that irregular cut, all blue bluestone has to offer is that it provides users with a great deal of creative license and flexibility in terms of planning out a design for the layout of the patio. The irregular cuts can make for very interesting patterns throughout the surface of the patio, and can even impact the shape of the patio itself. Perfect rectangles and circles are not necessary (although they are possible), and neither is symmetry. Create fascinating waves, arcs and even jagged edges if that’s what you desire. When it comes to working with this extremely versatile stone, the sky is the limit. If you have a vision for it and can imagine it, you can make it happen.
- All-Natural Appearance – The “broken” appearance of the stone offers the most naturalistic approach to incorporating stone into your landscape. You’ll feel as though each stone paver were pulled directly from beside a forest brook and transported to your property. This creates a sense of harmony between your living spaces and the great outdoors. Whether you’re hoping to establish a peaceful setting for an outdoor dining area, an all-natural and lagoon-like poolside deck or a seating area amongst your flower gardens, the irregular shaped, all blue bluestone pavers will look spectacular while adding a touch of something special to your landscape.
Irregular Cut, All Blue Bluestone Uses
Creating the outdoor living space of your dreams has never been easier. All blue bluestone that features an irregular cut can act as the perfect surfacing solution for:
- Patios – People absolutely love to use irregular cut, all blue bluestone when laying out a brand new patio for their home’s outdoor living area. The stone is ideally suited for this purpose. The calming blue and gray colors allow family and friends to gather in a place where everyone can feel free to relax and unwind with one another. In addition to this, the natural cut shapes of the stone and inspiring designs will bring out the creative sides of your loved one, sparking hours of conversation and memory-making. And you won’t need to worry about bringing the party indoors on a hot day. Because the stone is naturally resistant to absorbing heat from the sun, the patio will remain cool and comfortable even on the warmest summer afternoon. You’ll also notice that the stones are easy to clean in the event of a spill, so you’ll never need to stress during a grill-out again.
- Garden Terraces – Because you work so hard to tend to your beautiful flower and vegetable gardens, you deserve to enjoy the privilege of admiring your handiwork and taking the time to be still and calm amongst nature. Installing a garden terrace is the perfect way to accomplish this. Here in this tranquil setting, you will be able to take in the sights and sounds of the surrounding garden, noticing the fine details or each plant as a butterfly or hummingbird stops by to visit. An irregular cut stone is the way to go here because it will feel as though it blends in with the rest of the setting rather than taking away from its natural beauty. At the same time, blue and gray hues are perfect because they are soft and subtle in a way that makes the colors of the garden “pop” without taking the spotlight away from the vegetation.
- Outdoor Kitchens – Dining outdoors on a warm spring, summer or fall evening is a real treat. Even so, it can be a pain being required to go back and forth between the kitchen inside and the outdoor dining area. It’s for this reason that many people choose to install outdoor kitchens, and when this is the case, the perfect flooring solution is necessary. Cooking can quickly get messy, and it will certainly heat things up. The great thing about bluestone is that it will naturally deflect heat in order to keep things cool as your prepare your meals. The stone is also relatively stain resistant and can easily be cleaned up in the event of a mishap. The blue-gray colors will compliment any stainless steel kitchen features that you may be using, and the irregular cuts will create an appealing and naturalistic look for the space.
- Pool Decks – No swimming pool is complete without a beautiful stone pool deck, and irregular cut, all blue bluestone is an excellent option for this purpose. The blue tints that are associated with the stone are even richer and more spectacular when reflected off of the pool’s waters. As the lighting reflects off of the water and onto the irregular cut stones, you’ll be dazzled by interesting patterns that seem to shimmer and change with every blink of the eye. In addition to the aesthetic value of the material, bluestone is also perfectly suited for use around swimming pools. The stone will naturally resist the heat of the sun, keeping the pool deck cool for the bare feet of swimmers. And because of the texture of the bluestone, the surface of your pool deck will offer excellent traction even when exposed to water. This will prevent any slip-and-fall accidents.
- Fire Pits – A fire pit is a fun place to relax, trade stories and toast marshmallows with your nearest and dearest. It’s generally advisable to surround your fire pit with some type of patio surface in order to keep debris and messes at a minimum and to prevent the fire from leaving the confines of its designated area. Irregular cut, all blue bluestone can be a great option for meeting this need. When you’re sitting around the fire, you will notice that you feel more in tune with the nature surrounding you, and the irregular cut of the stone will keep things feeling natural and organic. The subtle yet rich color of the stone will also look lovely when reflected in the flickering flames of the fire. You’ll also find that while you’re able to enjoy the warmth of the fire, you won’t become overwhelmed as the stone is able to deflect the heat away from the patio floor.
- Courtyards – Irregular cut, all blue bluestone can help you to create a front or back courtyard that is fit for a king. Front courtyards can be extremely impressive to your guests as they arrive, and can set the tone for their entire experience visiting your home. You can also create large back courtyards that extend throughout the property, replacing the need for a grassy lawn in all or part of the landscape. The irregular cut of the stones can create a natural, rustic or even whimsical feel to the space, depending on your intention, and the colors will work harmoniously within the scope of any existing landscape, hardscape or construction features.
Irregular Cut, All Blue Bluestone Prices
Because bluestone is quite prevalent here in the northeast, its pricing is generally quite reasonable. Homeowners who have chosen to use irregular cut, all blue bluestone for their patio installations agree that the investment is well worth it. These stones are highly durable and long-lasting, offering you the most bang for your buck. Still, you may be wondering how much you’ll need to budget for your project. While there’s no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, there are certain factors that can influence pricing. By understanding these, you’ll be better equipped to estimate your expenses:
- Project Size and Scope – The first thing to be considered as you map out a budget for your project is to anticipate how the size and scope of your patio or similar space might impact the final cost to you. For obvious reasons, the larger your patio or courtyard will be, the more irregular cut, all blue bluestone will be required to surface the designated area. For this reason, you should worry more about the overall scope of the project than about individual flagstone sizes.
- Special Design Needs – Another thing to plan for as you estimate your costs is the potential for any special design considerations. Are you working within an irregular project area? Do you desire a uniquely or irregularly shaped patio? If so, there’s a strong chance that your stone pavers will need to be cut to specific shapes or angles in order to properly fill out the edges as intended. You will also need to think about the grade of the area upon which the stone will be laid. Is it already leveled, or will extra labor be required in order to do so? And once the patio is installed, do you require an edging material to surround it? All of these things can impact the price tag for your project.
- Contractor vs. DIY – One major cost to consider for your irregular cut, all blue bluestone patio installation has to do with the labor required in order to get the job done. Unless you’re a skilled or ambitious do-it-yourselfer, we generally wouldn’t recommend that you attempt to tackle this type of project on your own. You may think that you could save a quick buck by doing so, but without the proper knowledge and skill set necessary for this type of work, you could end up making major mistakes that cost you even more money in the long run. If there’s any doubt in your mind, you should start looking for a reliable local contractor that is familiar with working with this type of bluestone. Be sure to also do your research on the business’s reputation and to obtain estimates from several different candidates. Of course, there is an easier way. Because we’ve been in the business for so long, we’ve developed excellent relationships with some of the best contractors in the area. We’re more than happy to connect you with a patio installation company that will take care of your needs for the most reasonable prices.
- Supplier – Last, but certainly not least, the supplier that you purchase your irregular cut, all blue bluestone from will play a significant role in your project costs. You may find that your local, big box home improvement store carries a supply of bluestone, but you should think twice about making your purchases here. These types of businesses don’t harvest or cut their own stone materials. Instead, they rely on outside sources. As a result, they know little about the manufacture processes that are used to prepare the stone pavers, and they also must increase customer costs in order to make a profit of their own. You might also consider purchasing your stone from an online source. Again, this is not in your best interest. Buying online takes away your power to physically see and choose the bluestone you’d like for your patio, and will require you to pay some pretty hefty shipping fees in order to obtain the materials. You’ll find the fairest and most competitive rates when you visit a direct stone supplier in your local area. These businesses will take the most pride in offering the highest quality materials for the lowest prices.
Design Inspiration for Irregular Cut, All Blue Bluestone
Irregular cut, all blue bluestone is interesting enough to look at as it is, but there are other ways to make your patio stand out even more. It’s always a good idea to work with a professional stone specialist to plan a design layout as unique as you are. Feel free to get creative with the different shapes and sizes of stone pavers that you work with. You can play around with the arrangement of different colors and hues as well.
Be sure to also talk to an expert about your options for the actual layout of the patio itself. What shapes would look most interesting within the scope of your property, and how would that impact the installation process? Do you prefer to create more smoothed out edges for the bluestone pavers, or do you like the look of jagged and irregular edges? No detail should go overlooked.
After all, even the mortar that’s used to fill in the joints between stones can make your stones really “pop.” Some choose to apply a layer of moss over the mortar in order to create an earthier and more natural appearance. Finally, don’t forget to think about an edging material. Many homeowners make the decision to line the perimeter of the patio with a contrasting stone material for added drama.
Irregular Cut, All Blue Bluestone Maintenance
After working hard to have your stunning irregular cut, all blue bluestone patio installed, you want to take care to ensure that it will continue to look and function perfectly in the many years ahead. To do so, there are a few simple maintenance tips that you can follow:
- Sealing – Sealing is one of the best ways to protect the integrity of your irregular cut, all blue bluestone pavers. Using a proper sealcoat will help to keep your patio looking fabulous after sustained exposure to the outdoors, and will also make it easier to clean up any spill to prevent permanent damage. You might select from a high-gloss sealer that will give the stone a more modern look, a matte or no-gloss sealer that will preserve the natural appearance of the stone or color-enhancement sealers that can darken the shade of the bluestone. The patio should then be re-sealed on an annual or bi-annual basis.
- Sweeping – Over time, dust, dirt and debris will begin to accumulate on the surface of your bluestone pavers. Left to gather, these materials can actually stain the stone or promote the growth of mold. You may also find that bits of debris become trapped in the joints between your pavers, which can be very unsightly. In order to stop this from happening, it’s a good idea to make it a habit to regularly sweep off the patio to eliminate anything that could potentially cause damage. Bluestone is tough and not easily scratched, so you don’t need to worry about the bristles of your broom leaving marks behind. If you are at all concerned, you can use a leaf blower instead.
- Washing – Should your irregular cut, all blue bluestone patio surface become stained or exposed to mold, you will need to carefully wash and clean the offending areas in order to preserve the appearance of the stone. The good news is that bluestone is naturally impervious to water, which means that it’s perfectly safe to use on the pavers. For most stains, you’ll be able to easily remove the blemish by wiping it down with a wet cloth. For trickier marks, however, you may want to create a mixture of water mixed with dish soap that has been diluted. This will be the safest and most effective means of restoring the beauty of your pavers. You may also desire to spray down your patio area on a set schedule as a preventive measure of keeping it looking fantastic and free from debris.
- Winter Care – When the snow begins to fall and ice begins to form, there’s no need to panic. Although you will obviously want to protect your bluestone patio pavers from the harsh effects of winter, it’s really just a simple matter of knowing which ice melting products are the safest for use on this type of surface. While standard rock salt and other chemicals might cause damage or corrosion to the stone, ice melters that contain Calcium Magnesium Acetate (CMA) are safe to use on your natural stone patio. These types of ice melting materials are able to work quicker than other products and are effective down to extremely low temperatures, eliminating harmful problems with freeze and thaw cycles.
Purchasing Irregular Cut, All Blue Bluestone in NJ
If you’ve decided that irregular cut, all blue bluestone is the ideal material for the installation of your new patio or other outdoor living space, Braen Supply has all of your needs covered. We offer a massive inventory of bluestone flagstone products for you to select from, each with their own unique color pattern, shape and size. You’ll enjoy working with one of our stone specialists to discuss your design options.
We’re also delighted to work with any budget, to help you calculate your material needs and to accurately estimate your total investment. Our irregular cut, all blue bluestone is available for the fairest and most competitive prices throughout NJ, NY, PA and CT. Speak to one of our experts today to start putting your project ideas into action.
All Blue Bluestone Delivery in NJ, NY, PA & CT
Irregular cut, all blue bluestone is available for bulk delivery to homeowners, cities, contractors, townships, schools, religious establishments and universities. Our drivers are experienced and will do their best to accommodate your delivery requests.
Headquartered in northern New Jersey, our core delivery area for all blue bluestone is Bergen County, Passaic County, Morris County, Essex County and Sussex County.
Depending on the quantity, we sell irregular cut, all blue bluestone to all of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and New York.
Our core delivery area for all blue bluestone in New York includes NYC, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Harlem, The Bronx and Long Island.
All Blue Bluestone Pickup & Delivery Information
- Pickup: Pickup is available only out of the Wanaque location.
- Delivery: Delivery is available at both Wanaque and Haledon locations.
- Pickup: Pickup is available out of both Wanaque and Haledon locations.
- Delivery: Delivery is available out of both Wanaque and Haledon locations.
- Homeowners picking up can only pick up in a pickup truck unless it is a single piece.
- Please call for special request or before/after hours pickup or delivery services.
Braen Supply Locations & Operating Hours
About this location:
Our Wanaque location offers a full showroom, retail products and wholesale items for all of your landscape, masonry and hardware needs.
To visit the displays inside the showroom, you must make an appointment. The outdoor showroom/displays are open to the public and do not require an appointment. Please call 973-835-1447 to schedule an appointment.
Phone number and address:
Homeowner Sales Counter: 973-835-1447
Contractor Express Counter: 973-835-1419
1434 Ringwood Ave. Wanaque, NJ
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday: 7AM – 4PM
Saturday: 7AM – 12PM
About this location:
This location offers ONLY wholesale products. Please only visit Haledon if you are a looking for bulk pickups larger than 15 tons.
This location is for CONTRACTORS ONLY. Homeowners please make an appointment to visit the inside displays of the Wanaque Showroom. The Wanaque Showroom outdoor displays do not require an appointment.
Phone number and address:
Contractor Express Counter: 973-835-1419
400-402 Central Ave. Haledon, NJ
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday: 7AM – 4PM
Saturday: 7AM – 12PM