Do you feel ready to combat the elements this winter? For most people, this means finding a fast, effective and affordable means of preventing the accumulation of ice on commercial and residential surfaces, as well as public roadways.
Because there are so many different products on the market, you may find that bagged rock salt prices vary, but why is this? Which ice melting products are the most affordable, what influences your costs and where can you get the best deals? This quick breakdown of bagged rock salt prices will answer these and many other questions that you may have.
Factors That Affect Bagged Rock Salt Prices
Although most bagged rock salt prices tend to be very reasonable, you will find that there is a wide range of factors which have the ability to impact the amount that you are required to pay for your ice melting products. Some of these factors include:
- Type – Are you planning to purchase traditional rock salt, or have you chosen an ice melt blend that contains calcium chloride or magnesium chloride? Ice melt products with other added minerals and chemicals are typically more expensive than standard rock salt. Keep in mind, though, that these products are generally faster acting and longer lasting.
- Brand – In addition to the actual type of de-icing product that you choose, the brand name associated with bagged rock salt will also play a role in the price. While differences in cost may not be too significant for a single bag, the amount could add up quickly in larger orders.
- Weather – For obvious reasons, the amount of bagged rock salt that you will require will be impacted by the seasonal weather. During milder winters, you may not require much rock salt, whereas an extremely frigid winter would call for a great deal more. The amount that you need will impact the overall cost.
- Property Size – How much surface area will your rock salt or other ice melter need to cover? Homeowners with short driveways and small front stoops may be able to get by with just a couple of bags of salt throughout the season, whereas a commercial property with a large parking lot and numerous walkways may need to order a full pallet of the product.
- Special Concerns – Some individuals have concerns about the impact that their de-icer may have on the environment, their children or their pets. Special products are available which address these concerns and improve the safety of the rock salt, but these may be more expensive than others.
- Delivery – If you have a large enough order where the bagged rock salt needs to be delivered to you, you will need to anticipate extra costs associated with this.
- Bulk Orders – In some cases, you may find that there are special breaks or discounts available for bulk orders.
Finding the Best Deal on Bagged Rock Salt in Passaic County
In order to find the right product for your needs and get the best bagged rock salt prices, it’s important to buy from a supplier that provides you with numerous options. This will allow you to find the de-icer that will most closely meet your requirements at the lowest rates possible. It’s also a good idea to look for a vendor, like Braen Supply, that is able to bulk deliver large orders of bagged rock salt to your location at fair and reasonable prices.
When you understand the things that can influence bagged rock salt prices, it’s easier to plan out your budget and prepare for the winter ahead. Which ice melting products will best serve your needs?
Photo is Courtesy of Northwestern University.