Full Color Bluestone
Full Color Bluestone: Delivery and Pickup in NJ, NY, PA & CT
Braen Supply is the largest and most trusted supplier of full color bluestone throughout all of NJ and NY. Our massive inventory of naturally cut flagstone materials provide homeowners with the option of selecting spectacularly colored bluestone in various sizes and shapes, enabling them to install a warm and inviting outdoor patio that they will be able to enjoy for a lifetime.
Our irregular cut, full color bluestone materials are affordable and extremely cost-efficient, ensuring that folks like yourself get the most value from your investment.
Full Color Bluestone Described
Bluestone is one of the most popular types of stones used throughout NJ, NY, PA and CT for building and landscaping alike. This type of sandstone is common to our locale and is not only extremely beautiful, but offers rich and interesting textures that can add to the visual appeal of the stone while also being very practical and functional.
In full color Bluestone, you’ll notice an array of different shades and hues. Instead of only featuring variations of blue, you’ll also enjoy the vibrant colors of brown, tan, beige, white and green. The stone very resistant to the elements- ensuring that it will endure for a lifetime.
Benefits of Full Color Bluestone
Those who choose to work with full color bluestone will enjoy:
- Variety – One of the most remarkable things about full color bluestone is the sheer variety that it offers to those who choose to use it. Instead of sticking to one strict color palette or pattern, you’ll have the ability to work with countless different stone types, each as unique and individual as a snowflake. You’ll quickly notice that there are no two slabs of full color bluestone that are exactly alike. Each will features its own one-of-a-kind blend of colors. On top of the natural texture that is common to bluestone, you’ll find that the swirling color patterns also add a texture and sense of depth and dimension of their own. This means that not only do users have the advantage of choosing from a wide selection of bluestone materials that will suit their desires and spark their imaginations, but that each time they take a look at the stones, they will notice something new and different. As a result, it’s impossible to ever become bored with your full color bluestone patio.
- Versatility – Another major benefit of making use of full color bluestone is that you’ll enjoy a great deal of versatility. Because of the fact that each stone is so unique and features an array of different colors, you can actually use them to create a wide variety of different looks or styles of decor. The whimsical and swirling hues are quite natural and can work well to establish a garden setting that evokes a sense of being in a charming storybook cottage in an enchanted forest. At the same time, the sophisticated nature of the stone can also be tied into a home with a more traditional and elegant theme to it. The colors are also similar to those used in many European-style structures and cobblestone roads, which allows you the freedom to establish this style of decor as well. Depending on how the stones are laid and the context into which they are introduced, you will be able to express your own individual personality and style preferences with the full color bluestone.
- Ease of Incorporation – For many homeowners, the installation of a new patio or similar surface for an outdoor living space must be done with special consideration to existing landscape, hardscape and construction features. For obvious reasons, the materials used to complete the project need to be able to work within the scope of your current design. After all, you don’t want to redo the entire face of your home or tear up your pool just to accommodate the look of your patio. What’s especially great about full color bluestone is that it can actually compliment, enhance and work very well with a wide range of other types of stones and landscaping or construction materials. Because there are so many different shades and hues worked into the stone, it can bring out the colors of other materials while also contrasting nicely and creating a spark of visual interest and inspiring your imagination. This makes it very easy to incorporate full color bluestone into your property’s design without detracting from its current beauty or requiring a major overhaul.
Benefits of Irregular Cut Bluestone
Although dimension cut bluestone is a popular option, many NJ and NY homeowners enjoy irregular cut flagstone due to its many advantages:
- Natural Appearance – The completely natural look of irregular cut bluestone makes it highly attractive and appealing to homeowners throughout the greater NJ and NY areas. Because these stones feature organic, angular edges that have not been shaped or manufactured by man, you can enjoy the luxury of naturally occurring beauty right from the comfort of your own home patio or other similar surface. For many, this evokes a sense of calm, tranquility and harmony, creating an outdoor living space where you can truly relax and unwind.
- Creative License – Sure, interesting geometrical designs can be crafted from dimension cut bluestone, but there’s nothing quite like the creative license that’s given to those who are working with irregular cut flagstone. As you take the time to browse through the inventory of full color bluestone materials at the stone yard, you’ll be able to pick out the shapes and cuts that are most visually interesting to you and that inspire your imagination. You can mix and match larger stones with smaller units, fitting each piece together like it’s own ultra unique puzzle that will ultimately come together to create a one-of-a-kind patio surface that you created on your own. If you can imagine it, you can achieve it with irregular cut stone.
- Design Flexibility – For some homeowners, the layout of their property isn’t conducive to a typical, rectangular shaped patio area. In other cases, the homeowner may not be interested in going with what is typical, instead preferring to install a uniquely or irregularly shaped outdoor living space. In either instance, irregular cut bluestone is a great solution. Because each individual stone has its own one-of-a-kind cuts and angles, they can be situated in just about any way imaginable, enabling users like yourself to install curved, rounded, winding or rectangular patios – or even a combination of these shapes and styles. You have complete flexibility throughout the design process and the sky is the limit.
- Originality – Because irregular cut stones are not designed to be symmetrical or consistent- instead they maintain their natural cuts- there are no two slabs of irregular cut, full color bluestone that are exactly the same. This means that even if you draw your inspiration from another irregular cut flagstone patio and decide to go with the same general design layout, your patio will still be completely unique and original because of the various shapes and cuts of the materials used to surface it.
Request a Fast Quote
All web requests will be answered within 24 hours. For an immediate quote please call:
Homeowner Sales Counter: 973-835-1447 OR Contractor Express Counter: 973-835-1419
Irregular Cut, Full Color Bluestone Uses
When surfacing outdoor living spaces, you might elect to use irregular cut, full color bluestone on:
- Patios – The most common use for irregular cut, full color bluestone is in the surfacing of residential patio areas. When the weather is beautiful, most NJ and NY residents find the prospect of spending time outdoors absolutely irresistible. Having the ability to breathe some fresh air while reading a book, being able to gather with loved ones and talk as the sun sets or simply having a place to enjoy the blue skies and sun while watching your children play is important to all of us. The irregular cut and gorgeous color blends will keep you feeling calm yet inspired, and you’ll continue to fall in love with your patio each time you use it. In addition to this, the completely unique and personalized look of your patio will impress your friends and family, and can actually increase the overall value of your property, making the installation worth every penny invested.
- Pool Decks – In addition to patio areas designed for group gatherings, many homeowners elect to use irregular cut, full color bluestone to design a beautiful and functional pool deck surface. Bluestone naturally lends itself to this because of its texture. The somewhat grainy surface allows for excellent traction, even when exposed to wet conditions. Swimmers can safely enter, exit and navigate around the swimming pool without being at risk for a slip-and-fall accident. At the same time, the stone will remain cool to protect bare feet. Of course, the look of the flagstone is appealing in and of itself. The many different colors reflect brilliantly off the water, and the unique shapes and cuts of the stone create a naturalistic and tranquil setting around the pool area.
- Outdoor Kitchen Floors – Outdoor kitchen areas are becoming increasingly popular throughout the northeastern states. Having the ability to prepare, cook and enjoy an entire meal without being required to separate yourself from the beautiful weather and all of the gorgeous sights and sounds of the outdoors is a luxury that many NJ, NY, PA and CT homeowners are clamoring for. When stone is used in the construction of such an outdoor kitchen, it creates a natural feel that flows with nature and the rest of the property while still appearing upscale and being completely practical and functional. Irregular cut, full color bluestone is a great pick for surfacing the floor of your outdoor kitchen and dining area. For one thing, the colors will work well with any other type of stone or materials used throughout the kitchen, and will spark your imagination as you cook and prepare drinks. The irregular cut of the stones is also stunning and can help you to create interesting patterns and shapes that compliment and contrast with more symmetrical or geometrical features within the kitchen. The slip resistance of bluestone will help to keep the floor safe in the event of a splash over from the sink or kitchen, and the natural resistance to heat will enable the kitchen to remain at a comfortable temp even when the oven or fireplace is going.
- Fire Pit Surface – There’s something cozy about spending time around a fire with your nearest and dearest. It’s because of this that a large number of homeowners make the decision to build a fire pit. Establishing a nice, stone surround for the fireplace creates an inviting spot for everyone to gather and trade stories, laugh and toast marshmallows on a pleasant evening. Irregular cut, full color bluestone is a great choice here because of its organic appearance. In this way, everyone can enjoy the warmth of the flames without becoming uncomfortably warm.
Irregular Cut, Full Color Bluestone Prices
Bluestone is generally thought to be an affordable and cost-efficient material for installing surfaces for a variety of outdoor living spaces, and those who elect to use the material tend to agree that it is well worth any investment made.
In order to make a decision about purchasing irregular cut, full color bluestone for your next undertaking, though, you need to have the ability to plan out your project budget. The ability to estimate how much you’ll need to spend will depend largely on your understanding of the various factors that can influence the price of bluestone materials:
- Size – One thing that you’ll need to keep in mind as you plan out your budget for your bluestone patio installation is the size of the individual stone units that you’re working with. In many cases, flagstone is sold by the ton. The thicker the slabs are cut or the larger that they are in size, the heavier they will be, and thus, the more you can anticipate spending. In addition, the surface area of the stones can also impact weight. Remember, though, that while a larger stone will be heavier and more expensive than a smaller stone, a collection of numerous small stones may end up weighing just as much as a lesser number of big units. When mixing and matching stone sizes, you may want to work with a specialist for the most precise calculations.
- Quantity – For obvious reasons, the amount of irregular cut, full color bluestone that you’ll need in order to complete your project will impact your total investment in the project. Larger project areas will demand more stone. In addition to the cost of stone materials, you’ll also need to consider any base or sub-base materials and mortar, as well as the labor involved with the installation.
- Design/Layout – Depending on the overall design and layout that you desire for the surface of your outdoor living space, you may need to anticipate spending some extra money. In cases where you have a vision for establishing an irregularly or uniquely shaped patio, more planning, work and special cutting may be required for project completion. The more challenging or detailed the layout actually is, the more it will end up costing you. As a result, it’s important to evaluate your own personal cost vs. benefit to ensure that you will get the most value for your dollar spent.
- Location – Be mindful of the fact that the quarry from which your bluestone was harvested and manufactured will impact your price tag. Purchasing irregular cut, full color bluestone from a remote location will require that the materials be shipped to your locale, and any transportation expenses will be added onto customer cost. In order to spend as little as possible without being required to sacrifice quality, it’s smart to look for bluestone that came from a local quarry here in the northeast.
- Supplier – One of the biggest factors to be considered when purchasing irregular cut, full color bluestone is the supplier from which you obtain the materials. The supplier that you work with will not only affect how much you pay for your flagstone, but will also directly impact the quality and durability of the stone. When you buy from a large chain retailer that doesn’t manufacture its own materials, for example, you’ll find that you may not be able to get answers to your questions about where the stone originated or the manufacturing processes used. At the same time, you’ll be paying more for these “mystery” materials. This is because these types of retailers don’t produce their own flagstone, but act as the “middle man” between manufacturers and customers. In order to turn a profit, they must increase the cost to buyers like yourself. In order to get the best and fairest prices on bluestone while enjoying the highest quality possible, you should be on the lookout for a direct stone manufacturer and supplier that’s located in your area.
- Delivery – Don’t forget to think about any costs that may be associated with the delivery of your bluestone prior to the patio installation. For many homeowners, the idea of transporting the flagstone units to their project location is impractical. Delivery services are available, but in order to keep your costs at a minimum and avoid serious problems, you need to find a reliable supplier that will bulk deliver with responsibility and professionalism. Never hire a freelance delivery service or one that cannot procure evidence of the necessary licenses and insurance to do so as this could result in damages and lawsuits. In addition, be on the lookout for a service that will be flexible enough to work within your time schedule and deliver the materials exactly where you need them.
Irregular Cut, Full Color Bluestone Maintenance
Natural bluestone has the inherent ability to withstand the elements, ensuring that it won’t fade when exposed to the sun’s rays and that it will be able to handle the cold winters we’re accustomed to here in NJ, NY and our surrounding areas. In fact, irregular cut, full color bluestone actually requires very little maintenance.
Even so, it’s always smart to give your patio a little bit of TLC to ensure that your surface looks and functions as perfectly as it did on the day that it was installed. Some suggested maintenance techniques include:
- Sealing – Although it’s not necessarily required, we strongly recommend that you consider using a sealing agent to further protect your irregular cut, full color bluestone patio. Natural stone tends to be resistant to UV rays from sunlight and can withstand the elements, but that doesn’t mean that they are impervious to damage. During a family barbecue, a drink or food item could be spilled onto the patio surface, staining the stone. Sealants can make it easier to clean these messes up and prevent any permanent damages to the stone’s appearance.
- Sweeping – In order to keep your patio looking clean and beautiful, it’s a good idea to sweep it on a regular basis. This will prevent dust and dirt from building up, and will stop small leaves, grass and other debris from becoming trapped in the spaces between stones. Because the stone is so durable, you won’t need to worry about broom bristles leaving scratches on the patio surface. It’s also safe to use a leaf blower to achieve the same results.
- Washing – It’s in your best interest to establish a weekly or bi-weekly washing regimen for your irregular cut, full color bluestone patio. This will help to prevent any issues related to mineral or lime build-up while ensuring that the stones will remain in pristine condition. Bluestone is naturally impervious to water, so it’s perfectly safe for use on your patio. You might consider mixing a bucket of water with a bit of soft dish soap that can be used to mop over the stones.
- Stone Repair/Replacement – Because irregular cut bluestone features an array of shapes and angles, some homeowners aren’t bothered if a stone becomes chipped, believing that it adds to the natural appearance of the patio. In cases where the homeowner is bothered or where the integrity of the stone is compromised as the result of the chip, however, the stone should be replaced. Fortunately, it’s relatively easy to remove a bluestone paver and replace it with another unit.
- Winter Care – In order to keep ice away from your beautiful bluestone patio, you’ll want to take care to select the right ice melting product for the job. Materials comprised of calcium magnesium acetate (CMA) tend to be best for this purpose, as their chemical makeup is less harmful and the product is faster-acting.
Purchasing Irregular Cut, Full Color Bluestone in NJ
When quality materials are used and installed, irregular cut, full color bluestone can serve your needs for decades while looking and functioning perfectly. Braen Supply is proud to sell superior bluestone products that will delight users again and again. Treated with care, our irregularly cut flagstone is available in various color patterns, shapes and sizes that enable users to play around with the design of their patios, creating a surface that expresses their own unique personalities.
Our stone is durable and long-lasting, and is available at the lowest and most competitive prices. Speak to a stone specialist today about your options for installing a patio using irregular cut, full color bluestone.
Full Color Bluestone Delivery in NJ, NY, PA & CT
Irregular cut, full color bluestone is available for bulk delivery to homeowners, cities, contractors, townships, schools, religious establishments and universities. Our drivers are experienced and will do their best to accommodate your delivery requests.
Headquartered in northern New Jersey, our core delivery area for full color bluestone is Bergen County, Passaic County, Morris County, Essex County and Sussex County.
Depending on the quantity, we sell irregular cut, full color bluestone to all of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and New York.
Our core delivery area for full color bluestone in New York includes NYC, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Harlem, The Bronx, and Long Island.
Full Color Blue Bluestone Pickup & Delivery Information
- Pickup: Pickup is available only out of the Wanaque location.
- Delivery: Delivery is available at both Wanaque and Haledon locations.
- Pickup: Pickup is available out of both Wanaque and Haledon locations.
- Delivery: Delivery is available out of both Wanaque and Haledon locations.
- Homeowners picking up can only pick up in a pickup truck unless it is a single piece.
- Please call for special request or before/after hours pickup or delivery services.
Braen Supply Locations & Operating Hours
About this location:
Our Wanaque location offers a full showroom, retail products and wholesale items for all of your landscape, masonry and hardware needs.
Phone number and address:
Homeowner Sales Counter: 973-835-1447
Contractor Express Counter: 973-835-1419
1434 Ringwood Ave. Wanaque, NJ
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday: 7AM – 4PM
Saturday: 7AM – 12PM
About this location:
This location offers ONLY wholesale products. Please only visit Haledon if you are a looking for bulk pickups larger than 15 tons.
Phone number and address:
Homeowner Sales Counter: 973-835-1447
Contractor Express Counter: 973-835-1419
400-402 Central Ave. Haledon, NJ
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday: 7AM – 4PM
Saturday: 7AM – 12PM