River rock has become one of the most popular stones in landscaping applications among home and business owners. These decorative stones have risen in popularity due to their visual appeal, their functional uses and their affordability. By looking for the best prices on river rock in NJ & NY you can build the landscape of your dreams without spending a fortune. Available in a wide range of sizes and soft, neutral colors, it’s easy to make river rocks work with any style.
When it comes to making upgrades to your property, one of your first concerns is likely related to the price tag involved.
Most people are on a budget and are hoping to achieve the landscape of their dreams while stretching their dollar as far as they possibly can. As such, you may be wondering how much river rocks will cost and whether the investment will be worth it. The purpose of this guide is to provide you with the information to make an educated decision. Here, we will discuss the different types of river rock that are available, what affects their price and how to find the best deal possible.
River Rock Sizes & Uses
Everyone has different goals for creating their perfect landscape. Some river rock sizes will work better for some applications than others. Here’s a look at some of the most common sizes for river rocks and how each group can best be used:
- 3/8″ river rock – Due to their small size and smooth surface, 3/8″ river rocks are a popular option for surfacing playgrounds and home play areas for children. The stones require less maintenance and make less of a mess than other materials, like sand or mulch.
- 3/4″ river rock – 3/4″ river rocks are still small enough to be comfortable to walk upon. As such, these stones are often purposed for the creation of paths and walkways.
- 1″ river rock – 1″ river rock is perfect size for your landscape creates a variety of design options for you to choose from. It is the perfect size for pathways and water features.
- 1-3″ river rock – In this size range, river rocks become perfect accent pieces for your landscape. They can be used to enhance existing features or to construct dry water beds or act as a mulch replacement.
- 3-5″ river rock – The largest river rocks are also an excellent choice for building a waterfall or other water feature on your property.
What Impacts River Rock Prices?
A variety of factors impact how much landscaping with river rocks will cost. We’ve broken down some of the main factors for you below:
- Size – The smaller sizes of river rock typically cost more than larger sizes as it must undergo additional screening to ensure it is the proper size.
- Amount needed – The larger your project, the higher the cost. Using river rock to construct a small walkway will require fewer stones than a project where you plan to surface a large playground. After determining exactly how much you need, make sure to up your calculations slightly to ensure you do not come up short on product.
- Location – The price of your landscaping project will be impacted by where your river rocks are located. If you are purchasing stones from a location in another part of the country, you will pay more, as the rocks must be shipped to you. To avoid this it’s a smart idea to shop locally and purchase stones that are readily available in your area.
- Supplier – Depending on where you buy your river rocks you may see significant fluctuations in prices. For the best value you should always purchase directly from a river rock supplier.
Why You Should Use River Rock in Your Landscape
River rocks provide a classic and natural feel to any landscape they’re incorporated into. These features have caused consumers to fall in love with the stone, in addition to some of the features mentioned below:
- Beauty – After years of exposure to flowing water, river rocks are smoothed down, giving them a clean and sleek appearance. The natural coloration of each stone works to improve the overall aesthetic of your home, enhancing your property and boosting its curb appeal.
- Versatility – River rocks are one of the most versatile decorative stones that are available for landscaping. Depending on the size of the rocks, these stones can be purposed for a wide range of applications so as to meet your every need.
- Longevity – One of the best things about river rock is that it is extremely long lasting and durable. After installing river rocks you will not need to worry about replacing them until many years into the future. They require virtually no maintenance, so you are free to simply enjoy the beauty that they bring to your landscape.
- Drainage – River rocks are also known for improving and promoting healthy drainage. Rain water and any runoff can be slowly percolated back into the ground water supply through the rocks so that your property is not damaged by pooling water.
- Erosion protection – If your property is sloped or hilly your land could be subject to the negative effects of erosion. In periods of heavy rainfall your property may become damaged without protection. By strategically making use of river rock in your landscaping project you can help to support and protect your property.
Where to Get the Best Deals on River Rocks
It’s in your best interest to purchase river rock directly from a river rock supplier. If you’ve never worked with such a supplier you may not be certain what it is that you should be looking for.
In order to get the highest quality stones for the best prices, it’s important to buy from a supplier that offers a wide range of river rocks in various sizes. Braen Supply sells top-grade river rock in sizes ranging from 3/8″ to 5″ so that you are certain to find the right stones to fit your needs. The experts at Braen Supply can answer all of your questions about your landscaping project and can bulk deliver your materials to all of NJ, NY, PA & CT.