Tennessee Gray Irregular Flagstone
Tennessee Gray: Delivery and Pickup in NJ, NY, PA & CT
Braen Supply offers the largest and highest quality of Tennessee gray flagstone materials throughout all of NJ and NY. Comprised of limestone, this particular type of flagstone is richly textured and features stunning hues that will work well within the scope of any landscape.
The irregular cut Tennessee gray stones will make a lasting impression when used as a material for installing a patio or other surface for outdoor living spaces, and will endure in the many years ahead.
Tennessee Gray Flagstone Described
Tennessee gray irregular cut flagstone is an extremely durable and versatile material, making it ideal for the installation of residential patios and other surfaces for outdoor living spaces. One of the most distinctive characteristics of this particular type of sandstone is its color palette which includes light shades of gray and blue-gray.
You may, however, notice some rust colored veins occurring along the edges of some stone pieces. The soft hues of Tennessee gray flagstone tend to evoke a sense of calm, and are easily able to harmonize with other colors and shades around them. In addition to the coloration, you’ll notice the incredibly flat surface available for a natural cleft face. The irregular cut pieces offer a sense of natural beauty, and can range in size.
Benefits of Tennessee Gray Flagstone
There are many reasons why homeowners throughout NJ, NY, PA and CT choose to install Tennessee gray flagstone in their outdoor living space. Some of the advantages include:
- Subtle Coloration – One major advantage to Tennessee gray flagstone is that the colors featured are quite soft and subtle. This is appealing to homeowners because neutral shades never go out of style and will continue to look great even when other construction or landscaping trends change. The soothing shades look sleek, sophisticated and absolutely stunning, and are sure to create an atmosphere where you and your loved ones will enjoy spending your time in the outdoors. Tennessee gray flagstone is able to perfectly compliment the remainder of your landscape and hardscape without ever stealing the show.
- Ease of Incorporation – Another reason why homeowners tend to choose Tennessee gray flagstone for their patio installation has to do with the ease with which they are able to incorporate the stone into the existing scope of their landscape. Many people enjoy creating a theme or a sense of uniformity throughout their properties. For some, the ideal might be an upscale, old world European-style hardscape and garden, whereas others might prefer the storybook romance of a wooded cottage. Regardless of whether you are traditional or modern Tennessee gray stones are versatile enough to fit either style. The beautiful colors compliment a host of other styles and colors, meaning that it will continue to work well for your property even as your tastes evolve.
- Practicality – In addition to looking amazing, Tennessee gray flagstone is also a very practical option for surfacing a patio or other outdoor living space. As a variety of sandstone, Tennessee gray will tend to have a slow heat absorption rate. This means that the stone will remain relatively cool underfoot so that the surface will remain comfortable for entertaining and enjoying time outside. This particular type of flagstone is also quite resistant to the elements, meaning that it will hold up nicely even when exposed to the harsh conditions that are common throughout the northeast. Finally, the rich yet subtle texturing of Tennessee gray flagstone offers excellent traction when the stone becomes wet.
Benefits of Irregular Cut Stone
Both irregular and dimension cut Tennessee gray flagstone are available, but those who prefer the irregular cut appreciate benefits like:
- Naturalistic Appearance – For many homeowners, the idea of creating an outdoor living space that harmonizes with nature is of the utmost importance. When flagstone features an irregular cut, the stone’s angles will be jagged and unique, creating a much more naturalistic and organic appearance. This will help to improve the flow and feeling of consistency between plant life and gardens throughout your property and entertaining areas. In addition, these irregular edges can also make the stones have a bit more of an “aged” look, which will establish the feeling that your patio has withstood the tests of time. This is perfect for those trying to create an old-world or rustic style landscape.
- Infinite Design Opportunities – As you visit your local stone yard to take a look at your options for Tennessee gray flagstone, you’ll notice that there are pieces available in a variety of sizes and shapes. Having the ability to play around with these different dimensions will supply you with nearly infinite design possibilities. As you work with a stone specialist or designer, you’ll be able to come up with incredible patterns that add texture and depth to your property, and it will spark the imagination of yourself and your guests. In addition to working with the different shapes and sizes, you’ll also be able to mix and match stone pavers with various color patterns for even more visual interest.
- Layout Flexibility – The actual layout and orientation of your patio surface will make a huge difference in the tone it creates throughout your property. As such, it’s important that you have the creative license and freedom to come up with a layout that will suit your every whim. For some homeowners, the idea of symmetrical geometric shapes like rectangles and circles is ideal for an outdoor living area. For others, the thought of an arced, curved, wavy or otherwise irregularly shaped patio is most appealing. The great thing about working with irregular cut Tennessee gray flagstone is that it’s suitable for either type of application. You can even make the decision to have the edges cut to fit specific perimeters, or leave the edges jagged for added texture.
- Originality – Why install a cookie-cutter patio when you can steal the show by having one that is completely unique to your property? One of the greatest advantages to working with irregular cut Tennessee gray flagstone is that no two stones are exactly alike. For starters, you’ll find that the blending of grays and blues coupled with various rusted edges will vary from unit to unit, establishing a one-of-a-kind color palette. In addition to this, of course, the irregular cuts will mean that the shapes, designs and patterns that you choose for your patio will be yours and yours alone. Your patio will be the envy of all of your friends and neighbors.
Tennessee Gray Irregular Cut Flagstone Uses
Tennessee Gray flagstone with an irregular cut is the perfect choice for a wide range of surfacing projects for outdoor livings paces such as:
- Patios – Homeowners absolutely love to use Tennessee gray flagstone as a surfacing material for their patios, and the irregular cut of the stone pieces make the material all the more desirable. When constructing a new patio, people are looking for a material that will make them feel calm and relaxed. The neutral, subtle and cool colors associated with Tennessee gray flagstone can give the patio a very natural vibe.
- Garden Terraces – There’s nothing more peaceful than being able to sit in the midst of your vegetable or flower gardens and simply enjoying the sights, scents and sounds surrounding you. A gorgeous Tennessee gray irregular cut flagstone patio will harmonize well with nature while providing you the perfect place to take it all in from your bench or patio table.
- Pool Decks – For many homeowners, a swimming pool can be one of the highlights of their property. Because of this, you want to make it really stand out, shine and impress the friends and family who stop by to take a dip. This means that you need to ensure that your pool is surrounded by a deck that’s both beautiful and functional. Natural stone is always the best choice for poolside patios, as it creates your own little oasis right in your own backyard. The blue-gray tones of Tennessee gray irregular cut flagstone will reflect magnificently in the waters. At the same time, the stone has the natural ability to remain cool when exposed to the sun, and will offer excellent traction to prevent swimmers from slipping or falling.
- Outdoor Kitchens – In recent years, outdoor kitchen installation have become extremely popular throughout the northeast. A growing number of homeowners are interested in being able to take their cooking outdoors so that they can enjoy the fresh air and company of their guests throughout the preparation process. A beautiful outdoor kitchen deserves an equally beautiful stone floor. Tennessee gray flagstone is a great option because the colors do a great job of highlighting stainless steel appliances while also appearing natural and elegant. The stone will also keep heat and discomfort away, even when the outdoor oven or fireplace is going.
- Fire Pits -The majority of homeowners who make the decision to introduce a fire pit to their properties elect to surround the pit with a stone surface for several reasons. First, the stone will help to ensure that a fire doesn’t get out of control and cause damage or destruction. Secondly, it offers esthetic value. Lastly, it can keep the area surrounding the fire cooler and more comfortable for those gathered around it. Tennessee gray irregular cut flagstone is able to achieve all of these objectives.
Tennessee Gray Irregular Cut Flagstone Prices
Every homeowner will be faced with different budgetary needs for their Tennessee gray irregular cut flagstone patio installation. There are, however, several distinct factors that may impact your final cost. Understanding these will help you more accurately estimate your required investment:
- Patio Size and Layout – It should go without saying that the larger the patio surface that you’ll need to cover, the more Tennessee gray irregular cut flagstone you’ll require for project completion. When estimating your project needs for a standard rectangular patio, you should be able to pretty accurately calculate the surface area and plan for your budget based upon how the stones are sold (per square foot, yard, etc.) If you’re going to be working with a rounded or irregularly shaped area, on the other hand, it would be in your best interest to consult with an expert to discuss how much stone will be required to cover the space. The size of the stones used won’t make much of a difference in terms of cost. While fewer larger stones may be able to get the job done, they are heavier and will cost more per unit than smaller pieces. In this way, the price will generally balance out, regardless of stone weight and size. Keep in mind, too, that the spacing between your flagstone units can also impact the amount of stone needed and, thus, the final cost to you. The more tightly placed together that the paving stones are, the more you will need in order to finish the project. You should also remember that in certain cases where you wish the stones to be cut to a specific shape in order to form the desired perimeter, you may need to anticipate on paying a little bit of extra money for the added labor.
- Contractor vs. DIY – Never forget to plan on the cost of labor to install your new Tennessee gray irregular cut flagstone patio. For those who have experience in working with natural stone and patio installations, you may have the ability to complete the project on your own. Unless you have the specific knowledge and skills required to take on the project, we would strongly recommend that you seek out a professional contractor that can take on the work for you. Even seemingly simple mistakes could lead to problems with the structural integrity of your patio and could cause you to spend up a lot more money in the long run. When looking for an installation contractor, be sure to find an established business with a solid reputation that is familiar with Tennessee gray flagstone.
- Supplier – Unless you’re buying from a reputable stone supplier, the stone may not be genuine Tennessee flagstone, or it could already be stained, chipped or otherwise damaged in some way. Your best bet is to seek out a direct stone supplier in your local area. These are the businesses with the most passion, knowledge and expertise, and will be the most familiar with Tennessee gray flagstone. You’ll also enjoy the lowest and most competitive prices.
Design Inspiration for Tennessee Gray Irregular Cut Flagstone
Half the fun and excitement of working with Tennessee gray irregular cut flagstone for your patio is that you are free to get extremely creative. You’ll have the flexibility to customize many different aspects of your patio including:
- Shapes and Patterns – One of the easiest ways to get creative with your Tennessee gray irregular cut flagstone is to select different shapes and sizes that appeal to your senses and then place them together into interesting shapes and patterns. Think of your new patio as one big puzzle that you have the privilege of designing and putting together. You can play around with different angles and with marrying different pieces together any way that you wish. You’ll also have the freedom to explore the different shapes you’d prefer for the surface area. You’ll have nearly infinite design possibilities to work with in order to create the perfect patio for your needs and desires.
- Spacing – Another fun thing about working with irregular cut Tennessee gray flagstone is that you are able to customize the spacing between the individual stone pieces. While some homeowners may prefer the appearance of stones that are strategically set extremely close to one another so that gaps are at a minimum, others prefer to have a wider joint in between each unit. You can work with your stone specialist or designer to help you see how the different layouts would look and which would be right for your new patio.
- Grout – As you plan out the design for your new Tennessee gray irregular cut flagstone patio, you should also consider the grout that you will use between the joints of your stone pieces. Many people are so concerned about the look of the stone that they have selected and the layout of the materials that they don’t even stop to think about the fact that the grout can actually make a huge difference in the way that the finalized project appears. Depending on the color of the grout, you can create a subtle blend of colors that complement one another, or you can contrast with the stone’s hues in order to make them really stand out. You’ll find that some homeowners even like to cover the grout with moss in order to give the stone an earthy, organic and “woodsy” vibe.
- Edging – One of the last ways that you can make your own mark on your new Tennessee gray irregular cut flagstone patio is by creating a beautiful perimeter with an edging material. There are many different types of stone and masonry units that can look extremely attractive as the border of your patio’s surface, both creating definition around your outdoor living space and complimenting the look of the Tennessee gray flagstone itself. You may like the idea of contrasting the irregular shapes of the flagstone pieces with a brick or other rectangular paving stone perimeter. Others will enjoy the natural look of edging the flagstone with gorgeous river rocks or other decorative stone. Still others desire to section off the patio by surrounding it with a short stone wall. Your options are only limited by your creativity.
Tennessee Gray Irregular Cut Flagstone Maintenance
To preserve the beauty and functionality of your Tennessee Gray irregular cut flagstone patio, you will need to invest just a little of your time on maintaining the stone pavers. Best practices for caring for your patio include:
- Sealing – As a variety of sandstone, Tennessee gray irregular cut flagstone tends to be porous in nature. Because of this, the stone can actually be prone to staining if it isn’t properly attended to. One of the very best ways to prevent against staining is to seal your patio paving stones after they have been installed. A good sealcoat will make it more difficult for spills to penetrate the stone and cause permanent damage to the coloration and integrity of the unit. Sealants also make it a lot easier to clean up after any messes that may occur when food is dropped or beverages are spilled during your big, summer barbecue. In addition to preventing stains, a sealcoat can also help to strengthen the sandstone against regular wear and tear. For best results, the flagstone should be re-sealed on an annual or bi-annual basis.
- Sweeping – Although Tennessee gray irregular cut flagstone is extremely tough and durable, its porous nature and texture tend to attract dust, dirt and debris. If these items are left ignored, they could permanently discolor the surface of the stone. On top of this, the appearance of a layer of grime, leaves and sticks stuck in the spaces between stones can appear unsightly and diminish the look of your outdoor living space. To prevent this from happening, it’s a good idea to make a habit of regularly sweeping the surface of your patio. The bristles of a broom will not scratch or cause harm to the stones, but do not use a rake across the flagstone to remove heavy debris. If heavy debris removal is required, it’s better to use a leaf blower.
- Washing – In areas where dirt or mud has collected in the somewhat coarse texture of the Tennessee gray flagstone, or in scenarios in which a spill has occurred, you will want to tend to the problem spot immediately. The safest and smartest way to clean off these trouble areas is to mix warm water with several drops of soft detergent or dish soap and then gently scrub the patio with a cloth or a soft scrubber brush. You should never use abrasive chemicals like bleaches or ammonia to tend to your patio, nor should you use vinegar as a cleaning product. This is very corrosive to the stone and can cause permanent damage. For more generalized cleaning, you can safely hose down the surface of the patio to remove surface dirt or residue.
- Winter Care – Keeping the surface of your Tennessee gray irregular cut flagstone patio free and clear of ice during the winter months is a priority, but there are a few things that you should know about proper seasonal care. For starters, it’s never a good idea to use a shovel to break up ice on this type of surface as it can cause serious chipping and cracking to the stone. You’ll also need to be mindful of the type of ice melting product that you choose to use. Standard rock salt can be corrosive on Tennessee gray flagstone, so it should be avoided. The fastest, most effective and safest method for melting ice on this type of stone is by properly applying an ice melter comprised of Calcium Magnesium Acetate (CMA). Because this ice melting product is able to work quickly and down to extremely low temperatures, it will eliminate any problems related to freeze-and-thaw cycles.
Purchasing Tennessee Gray Irregular Cut Flagstone in NJ
Homeowners throughout NJ and NY enjoy making use of irregularly cut Tennessee gray flagstone throughout their hardscapes and outdoor living spaces, and Braen Supply is the supplier that local customers trust the most. We offer a full inventory of high quality Tennessee gray flagstone in a wide range of different shapes and sizes so that you can create a design pattern that suits your every whim. Be sure to get in touch with our stone specialists to ask any questions that you may have and to discuss your options for installing the flagstone patio of your dreams.
Tennessee Gray Delivery in NJ, NY, PA & CT
Irregular cut, Tennessee gray is available for bulk delivery to homeowners, cities, contractors, townships, schools, religious establishments and universities. Our drivers are experienced and will do their best to accommodate your delivery requests.
Headquartered in northern New Jersey, our core delivery area for Tennessee gray is Bergen County, Passaic County, Morris County, Essex County and Sussex County.
Depending on the quantity, we sell irregular cut, Tennessee gray to all of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and New York.
Our core delivery area for Tennessee gray in New York includes NYC, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Harlem, The Bronx and Long Island.
Tennessee Gray Pickup & Delivery Information
- Pickup: Pickup is available only out of the Wanaque location.
- Delivery: Delivery is available at both Wanaque and Haledon locations.
- Pickup: Pickup is available out of both Wanaque and Haledon locations.
- Delivery: Delivery is available out of both Wanaque and Haledon locations.
- Homeowners picking up can only pick up in a pickup truck unless it is a single piece.
- Please call for special request or before/after hours pickup or delivery services.
Braen Supply Locations & Operating Hours
About this location:
Our Wanaque location offers a full showroom, retail products and wholesale items for all of your landscape, masonry and hardware needs.
To visit the displays inside the showroom, you must make an appointment. The outdoor showroom/displays are open to the public and do not require an appointment. Please call 973-835-1447 to schedule an appointment.
Phone number and address:
Homeowner Sales Counter: 973-835-1447
Contractor Express Counter: 973-835-1419
1434 Ringwood Ave. Wanaque, NJ
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday: 7AM – 4PM
Saturday: 7AM – 12PM
About this location:
This location offers ONLY wholesale products. Please only visit Haledon if you are a looking for bulk pickups larger than 15 tons.
This location is for CONTRACTORS ONLY. Homeowners please make an appointment to visit the inside displays of the Wanaque Showroom. The Wanaque Showroom outdoor displays do not require an appointment.
Phone number and address:
Contractor Express Counter: 973-835-1419
400-402 Central Ave. Haledon, NJ
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday: 7AM – 4PM
Saturday: 7AM – 12PM