Your property’s value is strongly influenced by how attractive and well-maintained your landscape is. While keeping your lawn trimmed and well-watered is important it won’t make your home or place of business stand apart from the crowd.
It is because of this that many property owners choose to use decorative stones as a means of adding visual interest and texture to their land. Marble chips are especially popular as they are very attractive and affordable.
Known for their pearly white coloration and unique texture, marble chips can enhance the look of any landscape.
The ways in which you choose to use the chips around your property will influence how long your project will take and how much it will cost. To give you a better idea as to what to expect from landscaping with marble chips, we’ve put together this guide to help you plan from start to finish.
Uses for Marble Chips
Marble chips are very versatile and can be purposed in various ways throughout your property. Some of the most common uses include:
- Paths & Walkways – Marble chips are relatively small in size which makes them easy to walk upon. As such, they work well in the creation of paths and walkways throughout your property. Some home and business owners also choose to use the stones to accent existing paths. A walkway that has been constructed of a series of detached stones, concrete, or bricks, for example, can be filled in and connected with marble chips.
- Lawn Replacement – If you are looking for an alternative to a grass lawn you may want to give some consideration to filling in your property with marble chips. If you don’t want to replace the entire lawn, you can also fill in smaller patches of land, around trees or flower beds, or as a way to add interest to terraces.
- Edging – As marble chips stand out to everyone that sees them, it is the perfect material to edge pathways, walkways or driveways. Lining a path, or encircling a large planter with these stones will highlight various feature of your landscape without overshadowing them or detracting from their beauty.
- Gardening – Marble chips can also serve as an excellent mulch replacement as they provide texture and visual appeal to your flower beds. In addition to that they promote healthy soil and adequate drainage without attracting insects and other pests.
- Water Features – If your property features a fountain, pond, or stream, you may find that these small, white marble stones look beautiful both in and around the water.
Marble Chips Pricing
Assessing how much your project will cost is impacted by both the size of your project and some of the following factors:
- Volume Needed – Certain landscaping applications will require the use of more stone than others. If you’re going to highlight a small fountain with the rocks, you will need considerably less material than for the construction of a front path or walkway. The more stones you require, the more you can expect your project to cost.
- Supplier – When comparing the price of marble stones that are sold by different suppliers, you might notice a significant difference in cost. In nearly every instance, the rocks that are sold by big box stores will be more expensive than elsewhere. Stone suppliers will be able to provide you with the best price and quality white marble chips.
- Delivery – If you require a large volume of marble stones for your landscaping project, you may need to consider having the materials delivered to your property. While reputable suppliers will offer fair prices on bulk delivery orders, you should still factor an added cost into the equation.
Purchasing Marble Chips in NJ
When you understand the different factors that can affect the cost of marble chips you are better equipped to make a wise decision about where to purchase your materials. In order to get the highest quality stones for the best price, you need to look for a local supplier who can meet your volume and quality needs.
Finding a local supplier is the best option you have available. A local marble chips supplier will have a large quantity available to meet your needs, have knowledgable staff to discuss any questions you may have and will offer the best prices available.
Braen Supply is the largest supplier of white marble chips in NJ, NY, PA and CT with marble chips available at wholesale prices. We pride ourselves on having quality products and extremely experienced sales staff available at all times. Our white marble chips are available for pickup and bulk delivery across all of NJ, NY, PA and CT.
Creating a stunning landscape doesn’t have to be an overwhelming or expensive undertaking. When you take the time to plan ahead and work with a reputable supplier, you can easily construct the landscape of your dreams without breaking your budget.