Techo-Bloc is known far and wide for its beautifully crafted, durable and affordable landscaping and hardscaping materials. It makes sense, then, that so many NJ homeowners turn to Techo-Bloc when their landscapes are in need of retaining walls.
When installed correctly, these incredibly versatile wall blocks are able to withstand lateral pressure from the soil and prevent soil erosion throughout a sloped property. Did you know, though, that Techo-Bloc retaining wall blocks can be used for other purposes?
Maybe you don’t necessarily need a retaining wall in the traditional sense, or perhaps you love your retaining wall so much that you want to incorporate the Techo-Bloc materials throughout other areas of your landscape.
Whatever your situation, Techo-Bloc retaining wall blocks could be the perfect fit for your property makeover. Here are 3 of our favorite alternative uses for Techo-Bloc retaining walls.
Benefits of Techo-Bloc Retaining Wall Blocks
Before we dive into these unique ways to purpose Techo-Bloc retaining wall blocks, we want to take a moment to highlight some of the many benefits associated with working with these incredible materials. Some of the key advantages to using Techo Bloc retaining wall blocks include:
- Natural Appearance – The primary reason why people love Techo-Bloc products like their retaining wall blocks is that they are so beautiful and natural in their appearance. Each block is crafted to emulate natural stone, or in a few cases, natural hardwood planks. It’s nearly impossible to tell the difference between Techo-Bloc manufactured concrete materials and the real thing.
- Consistency – Not only do Techo-Bloc retaining wall blocks look fabulous, but they are also consistent in their appearance and quality. Each unit is built with the same degree of care and attention, ensuring that you’ll be able to enjoy a uniform look throughout your completed wall or alternative hardscaping project.
- Affordability – For obvious reasons, price is a huge advantage when working with Techo-Bloc. Because the materials are less expensive than natural stone, you’ll spend a lot less on the overall project.
- Ease of Installation – Techo-Bloc wall blocks are extremely easy to work with and install. Although we generally recommend that you only take on a project by yourself if you’ve done some DIY type projects in the past, it’s a very straightforward process. Even if you hire a contractor, you’ll find that those familiar with Techo-Bloc products will be able to get the work done quickly and efficiently.
- Strong and Durable – Techo-Bloc retaining wall blocks are built to last. They are colored throughout, ensuring that you won’t have to worry about fading and discoloration throughout time and exposure to sunlight. The blocks are also able to withstand even the most extreme weather conditions. They will not crack or chip during NJ freeze and thaw cycles throughout the winter months. In addition, they don’t easily become stained, and are very easy to maintain. The end result is a very long lasting product that you’ll love for a lifetime.
- Lifetime Warranty – When you work with Techo-Bloc materials, you’ll always be able to enjoy the peace of mind that your investment is protected. When installed and cared for properly, Techo-Bloc offers a lifetime warranty on materials, so in the event that something does go wrong, you won’t be out any cash.
3 Alternative Uses for Techo-Bloc Retaining Walls
Now that you understand what makes Techo-Bloc products so special, we’re ready to take a look at some inspirational ideas for incorporating retaining wall blocks into your landscape:
1. Increase Your Outdoor Living Space
Many NJ homeowners live on hilly or sloped properties, and that can make outdoor living a little bit tricky. Instead of surrendering to the fact that your patio set is just going to roll downhill and giving up on enjoying your time in the great outdoors, we recommend leveling out and beautifying the space with Techo-Bloc retaining walls.
You can actually cut into the hillside (or hillsides) throughout your property and create level terraces at varying heights. Retaining walls work by offering structural support to these areas and by making them look sophisticated.
At last, you’ll have a space where you can set up that patio, outdoor kitchen, or fireplace you’ve been dreaming about for so long. Because Techo-Bloc retaining wall materials are so compatible with a number of other Techo-Bloc products and natural stone, you’ll find that it’s very easy to create a cohesive space that will add significant value to your home.
2. Show Off Your Gardening Skills
Homeowners who have a green thumb will quickly fall in love with what Techo-Bloc retaining walls can do. Instead of just planting your rose bushes, flowers and vegetables in a dirt patch near your house, you can really make the fruits of your hard labor “pop” and stand out with the use of beautiful wall blocks.
Whether you go with the natural and chiseled look of Mini Creta Architectural blocks or like the idea of constructing a raised planter from Borealis blocks that look just like wood, you’ll be delighted with the results.
Raised planters can actually make it much easier for you to plant and tend to your various plantings, and will add a level of elegance to your property that will attract positive attention to your home and will leave you feeling excited about your landscape.
You might consider constructing standalone raised planters with wall blocks throughout your property, or you might dedicate a carefully crafted terrace to serving as a stunning garden for your home.
3. Get Cookin’
Our favorite alternative uses for Techo-Bloc retaining walls are in the outdoor kitchen environment. We’ve seen many incredible landscaping and hardscaping makeovers that were centered around the beauty of these wall blocks in our customer’s cooking spaces.
The blocks are absolutely perfect for building up gorgeous and practical outdoor kitchen bars and islands. The natural appearance of the materials are easily paired with large slab countertops, as well as with outdoor pizza ovens and fireplaces.
The result is truly stunning. We’ve even seen people use retaining wall materials to build modern and chic fire pits where they can gather with friends to toast marshmallows and hot dogs. Feel free to have fun with your project!
Buying Techo-Bloc Retaining Wall Blocks in NJ
If you’ve fallen head over heals for the look and functionality of Techo-Bloc retaining wall blocks, Braen Supply is here to help you get started on your project. We are authorized Techo-Bloc dealers and, as such, we have insider knowledge about each of the different materials that can be used in the construction of retaining walls (or alternative projects).
We’re happy to provide you with answers to your questions, or to offer advice on the right materials for your home. We carry a full inventory of Techo-Bloc retaining wall materials, and we always offer the lowest and most competitive prices.
Feel free to stop by our showroom to see these amazing products today. Our Techo-Bloc materials can be picked up or bulk delivered to areas throughout parts of NJ, NY, NYC and PA.