If you’ve got a green thumb, you’re probably itching to take advantage of the springtime weather and bring your garden to life. One of the best things you can do for your flowers, shrubs and other plants is to surround them with a high quality mulching material.
With the right type of mulch you can regulate soil temperature and moisture levels, prevent weeds from sprouting up, keep pests at bay and highlight the natural beauty of your garden and landscape – all without breaking the bank!
In order to accomplish these objectives, though, you first need to know how to choose the right mulch supplier and get the best prices. Let this post serve as your guide to buying the best and most affordable mulch New Jersey has to offer this Spring 2016.
Finding a Mulch Supplier in New Jersey
You shouldn’t have much trouble finding stores and vendors that offer mulch, but it’s important to realize that not all suppliers are worthy of your business.
If you hope to keep your garden truly vibrant and vital, you need to be able to count on the fact that your supplier will be able to provide you with the very best mulch New Jersey has ever seen. Here area few things to look for in the ideal mulch supplier:
- Well Established – It’s always in your best interest to be on the lookout for a supplier that has industry experience and that has withstood the tests of time. These are the businesses that have built a strong reputation amongst loyal customers and can therefore be trusted to offer the highest quality materials at the fairest prices.
- Offers Organic Mulch – A great supplier should sell all of the organic mulch New Jersey residents love most. Some of the most popular organic mulching materials include hardwood mulch, pine mulch, cedar mulch, hemlock mulch and dyed mulch. Each offer unique and vibrant colors that will enhance your landscape while ensuring that your plants thrive.
- Offers Inorganic Mulch – In addition to organic mulch, a good supplier will provide you with the option of purchasing alternative, inorganic mulching materials like crushed stone. Small crushed stone, including attractive pea gravel and white marble chips work to promote healthy soil and don’t need to be replaced year after year.
- Employs Mulching Experts – Don’t waste your time going to a major chain store that hires workers who aren’t even interested in the landscaping industry. Locally owned and operated suppliers tend to employ skilled professionals who have experience in working with mulch and other landscaping materials. This means that they will be much better equipped to answer your questions and address your concerns while providing you with valuable insights and advice on your project.
- Sells By the Bag – Some homeowners only need to tackle small landscaping projects with mulch. If you’re just planning on covering a few flower beds with a mulching material, you’d likely be best served by finding a supplier that offers mulch by the bag. This will offer a fast, convenient and affordable means of picking up your materials and getting to work in your garden.
- Sells Bulk Quantities – There are still many other home and property owners that have much larger areas to work with. If your plan is to cover a large section of your front or back yard with mulch then you’ll need to look for a supplier that can provide you with bulk quantities of material. You may even find that special bulk pricing is offered as an added incentive.
- Offers Delivery Services – If you’re buying materials in bulk then you’ll also need to have a means of transporting it. The best delivery services for bulk mulch New Jersey can provide will offer competitive pricing, excellent customer service and timely delivery. This will ensure that your project remains on schedule and on budget from start to finish.
Getting the Best Mulch Prices in New Jersey
Looking for the best prices on mulch New Jersey has to offer? Here are some things to consider:
- Quality – Many customers confuse the cheapest mulch pricing with the best mulch pricing. When we say “best”, we mean a lot more than low-cost. The best and fairest mulch prices also have to do with the overall quality of the materials. It’s important that you can trust your supplier to offer mulch that is not mixed in with unwanted debris or materials, and that is not contaminated with insects and other pests. Buying an extremely cheap load of mulch off the side of the road might seem like a great idea at the time, but you could quickly find that the materials are sub-par. Stick with a reputable supplier to avoid disaster.
- Supplier – We already discussed the things that you should be looking for in a supplier, but you should also consider the type of supplier that you plan on working with. Although big box retailers like Home Depot and Lowes tend to be popular because of the convenience that they offer, you may be surprised to learn that these stores frequently overcharge customers for their mulching materials. Seeking out a local supplier will help you to save money without skimping on quality or convenience.
- Type – Keep in mind that the type of mulching material you choose to work with will make a difference in how much you’ll need to invest. There are differences in the prices of organic vs inorganic mulching materials, for example. Dyed mulch might also cost a bit extra due to the additional processes and materials used to treat the wood. It’s wise to talk to a trusted industry professional about the differences in pricing for all types of mulch that you may be interested in before making a buying decision.
- Quantity – Will you be buying by the bag or in bulk? You may find that certain suppliers offer different rates when purchased in bulk as opposed to individual bags. To determine if you’d be better of purchasing in bulk, you’ll need to calculate how much mulch your project actually demands. This can be done by measuring the length, width and depth of your project area. Although 3″ is the recommended mulching depth, it’s wise to consult with an expert to verify. Next, enter these numbers into an online materials calculator to determine how much mulch you’ll require in cubic tons or cubic yards.
- Delivery – The majority of homeowners who require bulk quantities of mulch will also need the help of a bulk delivery service. It’s important to remember to allocate funding for delivery fees and to take the time to find an honest and reliable supplier that will offer fairly priced delivery services.
Where to Buy Mulch in New Jersey
Braen Supply is the supplier of mulch New Jersey residents trust the most. We carry a massive inventory of both organic and inorganic mulching products and are happy to work with you to ensure that you walk away with the materials that are best suited to your needs.
We can also assist you with the process of calculating how much mulch to buy. Our mulching materials are fairly and competitively priced and can be picked up or bulk delivered to locations throughout NJ, NY, PA and CT.