Whether it’s located indoors or outdoors, a stone fireplace will always steal the show, acting as the heart and centerpiece of the space in which it’s located.
The combination of natural stone with the warm glow of the fire makes for a cozy spot to create lasting memories with loved ones.
While you may think real stone is the only way for you to achieve this atmosphere, you may be surprised to learn that stone veneer is just as attractive and inviting.
In addition to providing homeowners with a variety of options in terms of stone type, many people are drawn to this option because of the affordable stone veneer fireplace cost.
What’s more, the installation of the material is very DIY-friendly, enabling you to save even more money. It’s every homeowner’s dream come true.
If you’re like many others, though, you’re probably wary of starting up a new project without knowing what to anticipate in terms of your stone veneer fireplace cost, or if you’re truly capable of tackling the installation on your own.
Because each individual person will have their own budgetary constraints and skill sets, there’s no black-and-white answer to these questions, but that doesn’t mean that you have to be left in the dark. There are certain factors that will influence stone veneer fireplace cost, and specific steps that need to be taken in order to install one.
When you’re aware of what to expect in these areas, you can get a more accurate idea of what you’ll need to invest, where to obtain the materials you need, how to complete the project, and whether or not you’ll require the assistance of a professional.
Estimating Your Stone Veneer Fireplace Cost
There’s no set price for a stone veneer fireplace because every homeowner has their own set of needs and preferences. There are specific items, though, that affect your stone veneer fireplace cost.
When you take the time to understand what these factors are, you can get a more accurate idea about what you’ll need to invest in your project.
- Materials – You’ll be able to choose from a variety of different stone veneer types, based on landscape and style of the home in which the fireplace is located, and on your own personal desires. The type of material that you choose to use will influence the overall cost of your fireplace’s makeover, as each type of stone is priced differently. The size of the stones will also make a difference. The specific installation style and the stone being used may result in more expensive install costs than originally budgeted.
- Size & Scope – When calculating the cost of your stone veneer fireplace, you’ll obviously need to give some consideration to the size of the area that needs to be covered by the materials. Some fireplaces, for instance, have large chimneys along the interior wall that extend to the ceiling, whereas others do not. Some fireplaces also feature a large hearth. Based upon your preferences, you may want to apply the same matching veneer to the hearth or chimney, or utilize a different material altogether. This will impact your required investment.
- Design – Here, you’ll need to think about both the design of the fireplace itself, and the design of your veneer. Many interior and exterior fireplaces are essentially one large rectangular box, but others are much more complex. Curved or rounded fireboxes, or irregularly shaped fireplaces may require more attention to detail and more stone cutting and customization. This can add onto the overall stone veneer fireplace cost. If you’re planning a particularly artistic, ornamental, or complicated pattern with your stone materials, you may also need to plan on spending a bit extra on your project.
- Labor – Your stone veneer fireplace cost will also depend on the labor involved with the installation. Some homeowners prefer to tackle the project on their own. If this is the case, you’ll end up saving money on the cost to hire a professional to come in and do it for you, but you’ll need to make an investment in your own time spent. If you feel that you’d be better served by hiring a contractor to handle the job on your behalf, you’ll need to discuss to cost of labor per hour and add that to your project budget.
- Supplier – It’s extremely important to take the time to choose a reliable supplier for your materials, as this will play a big role in your final stone veneer fireplace cost. In order to avoid low-grade materials or overpriced stone, you should seek out a supply company with an extensive showroom and vast inventory like Braen Supply.
- Delivery – Do you have a plan for getting your materials to your project location? Third-party delivery services can be expensive and will bring up your stone veneer fireplace cost. To get the best value and ensure that the materials are transported safely, it’s smart to work with a supply company that offers bulk delivery services.
Choosing a Stone Veneer Supplier
When searching for the right supplier to install your home’s fireplace, it’s important that you keep certain things in mind. For starters, you’ll want a supplier who offers a variety of stone veneers. This will help you find one that’s suitable for your personality and home’s decor.
At Braen Supply, you’ll find a huge inventory of full and thin stone veneers as well as full and brick stone veneers. Featuring everything from fieldstone to river rock, you’re sure to find the perfect fit for you.
Secondly, you should think about your stone veneer fireplace cost. Instead, choose a direct supplier like Braen Supply that offers competitive wholesale pricing on all of its products.
Industry experience is another important factor. With more than a decade in the business, the team at Braen Supply has the knowledge to answer all of your questions and provide you with useful advice, as well as the connections to help you find an excellent contractor, as needed.
It’s also important to ask about delivery services. While veneers can be picked up from Braen Supply at your convenience, we also provide bulk delivery services throughout NJ, NY, PA, and CT.
Stop dreaming about a stunning veneer fireplace and start making plans to install one today. With just a small investment in time and money, you’ll soon have a gorgeous stone veneer fireplace that you and your family will enjoy in the many years ahead.