If you’re like many NJ homeowners, you’ve got a nice sized backyard. Unless you’ve maximized the design of your property, though, all of that space is probably going to waste. We’re here to tell you that it doesn’t have to be that way.
Techo-Bloc makes it easy for you to design and construct a beautiful and highly functional outdoor living space so that you can get the most out of your land. The following Techo-Bloc outdoor living inspiration tips will help you to get started with the creative process so that you can start enjoying the landscape you’ve always hoped for.
Techo-Bloc Inspiration Tip #1: Begin With a Goal in Mind
In order to turn your backyard into a practical, attractive and livable space, you need to have a solid game plan. Before anything else, take some time to think about what your ultimate goals are. Consider how you envision yourself and your family making use of your newly transformed backyard.
Do you plan on cooking and dining outdoors? Are you interested in soaking up the sun from a swimming pool? Do you like the idea of gardening? Once you know what you want, you’ll find that it’s much easier to draw inspiration from specific Techo-Bloc products and materials.
You’ll find that it’s even easier to narrow down your options when you’ve taken the time to determine your goals in terms of style. Every homeowner is different and will have their own unique tastes and interests. It’s important that you work to create a space that is a reflection of your personality and will match up with your individual sense of style.
Techo-Bloc manufactures products that make sense for people of all backgrounds and walks of life. Whether you like the idea of a storybook cottage, a traditional Colonial home, the English countryside, an evening in Paris, modern sophistication, or something totally eclectic, you’ll find what you’re looking for.
Techo-Bloc Inspiration Tip #2: Consider All the Options
As one of the largest and most popular hardscaping manufacturers, Techo-Bloc produces an extraordinary number of high quality products and materials for outdoor living.
In order to make sure that you’re 100% satisfied with your completed project, it’s important that you take the time to consider all of your options before proceeding with work. To give you a better idea about all that Techo-Bloc has to offer, here’s a look at some of their most popular products and materials:
- Slabs/Pavers – The “flooring” or “decking” you use in your outdoor living space will set the tone, so it’s important to select the right materials. Fortunately, Techo-Bloc manufactures tough, durable, affordable and exceptionally gorgeous concrete pavers and slabs that look just like natural stone. There are also a couple of options which emulate the look of hardwood. Slabs and pavers can be used to establish outdoor kitchens and dining rooms, patios, paths and walkways, swimming pool decks and more.
- Wall Blocks – If your backyard is sloped or hilly, you can use Techo-Bloc wall blocks to create stunning retaining walls that will help to level off areas of your property for more outdoor living space. Wall blocks can also be used to create dividing or decorative walls, and in the construction of staircases.
- Steps – Adding steps to your backyard’s design is a great way to make your space more accessible so that you can get the most out of your property. Steps also add a great deal of visual appeal and can increase home value.
- Fireplaces – There’s nothing like a spectacular outdoor fireplace for creating a warm, cozy and even romantic atmosphere in your backyard. Techo-Bloc manufactures truly breathtaking fireplace kits that will become the centerpiece of your backyard. The warmth generated from your fireplace will not only fill your heart with joy, but will also allow you to continue spending time outdoors when the weather cools down.
- Fire Pits – In addition to fireplaces, Techo-Bloc offers all of the materials you need to build a wonderful fire pit. Whether your style is rustic or modern, you’ll find that it’s simple to create a fire pit that matches your unique vibe.
- Grill Islands – For those who love the idea of hosting get-togethers with family and friends, a Techo-Bloc grill island is a “must.” These kits make it possible for you to prepare entire meals outdoors and provide ample bar seating for your guests.
This is not by any means a complete list of all of the incredible materials manufactured by Techo-Bloc. It’s smart to visit a local Techo-Bloc dealer and showroom in order to receive all of the Techo-Bloc inspiration as you possibly can.
Techo-Bloc Inspiration Tip #3: Let It Flow
Once you know how you want to use your outdoor living space and which products/materials you’d like to incorporate within that space, you’re ready to come up with an attractive and practical design layout. The “open concept” idea is not only trending in interior design, but also in exterior design.
For this reason, it’s often advisable to come up with a layout that really “flows.” In order to maintain the flow, we suggest playing with symmetry, using similar materials throughout different areas of your outdoor living space and making sure that all different areas are connected with open paths, walkways, or staircases.
If, for example, you plan on designing a backyard that features a kitchen, a dining space, a fire pit and a swimming pool, there are several steps you can take to establish an open, flowing design concept Perhaps your grill island is surrounded by bar stool seating for game day entertainment. You can use seating of a similar style for your dining room, and make use of the same pavers or slabs for the “flooring” in these areas.
A wide path may lead from the bar or dining area to the swimming pool. While the pavers or slabs used for the walkway don’t need to be the same material as the dining and kitchen floor, you can use the kitchen floor pavers as an edging material, or as a decorate intercept midway through the path.
This will create cohesion. Techo-Bloc steps can lead down to a recessed or sunken fire pit. You might consider building the fire pit with blocks that mirror those of your grill island.
This type of design is aesthetically pleasing and makes good sense to the eyes of you and your visitors. Ultimately, this will add a lot more value to your space.
Techo-Bloc Inspiration Tip #4: Choose the Right Dealer
Techo-Bloc designs and manufactures amazing products, but they don’t sell their materials directly to homeowners like you. Instead, you’ll need to find an authorized Techo-Bloc dealer who can provide you with inspiration and tips for maximizing your backyard. NJ homeowners know that they can trust Braen Supply with all of their Techo-Bloc inspiration needs.
We are a leading, authorized Techo-Bloc dealer with a team that is fully dedicated to helping homeowners make their landscaping and hardscaping dreams come true. Visit our showroom to get a firsthand look at the many incredible Techo-Bloc products and materials we have to offer at the lowest rates possible. Our Techo-Bloc materials can be picked up or bulk delivered throughout parts of NJ, NY, NYC and PA.