You already know that you love the look of Techo-Bloc concrete pavers. After being professionally designed and engineered by skillful craftsmen, concrete blocks are transformed into unforgettably beautiful pavers that look exactly like natural stone.
From the masterful coloring to the rich texturing and magnificent cuts, everything about Techo-Bloc pavers screams “fabulous.” Knowing that you want to work with Techo-Bloc, though, is only part of the equation. From here, you need to figure out how you want to arrange each unit within the scope of your patio, driveway, walkway, pool deck, courtyard, or other area of your outdoor living space.
Numerous patterns are available to accommodate the unique style needs of homeowners like you. To help you make a smart choice, we’ve put together a list of our favorite pattern trends for 2017 and beyond.
The Importance of Techo-Bloc Paver Patterns
Getting the design pattern for your Techo-Bloc pavers “just right” is the key to establishing the outdoor living space you’ve always dreamed of.
Different Techo-Bloc paver patterns and layouts can make a huge difference in the way that your materials present themselves within the scope of your property, and can completely alter the look, theme, or style of your landscape and hardscape as a whole.
Taking the time to fully assess all of your options and make a decision based upon your unique style needs and desires will ensure that you end up with completed project that you’ll fall in love with time and again.
5 Top Techo-Bloc Paver Patterns in 2017
So which patterns and design trends do we love this year? Here’s a look at 5 awesome patterns that will help to add value to your property:
1. Modular (Square or Random)
Geometric styling is very “in” right now, which is one of the many reasons why we love modular patterning of Techo-Bloc products. Depending on the pavers you choose or your personal tastes, you might go with a square modular pattern or a random modular patterns.
Square modular patterning favors a great deal of symmetry and offers a very simple, clean and sophisticated aesthetic. Random modular patterning plays on the geometric qualities of modular design while adding a “pop” of something extra.
Here, square pavers may be paired up with longer, leaner rectangle pavers or pavers of varying sizes in order to create a bit of asymmetry while still favoring straight edges and lines.
Parquet patterns offer a unique, geometric mosaic of Techo-Bloc pavers that will make your hardscape truly unique.
This particular pattern is only available in limited paver collections from Techo-Bloc, but you will be absolutely delighted with the repeating design of vertical and horizontal facing stones created larger square and rectangular units across your outdoor “floor.”
Linear patterns can be comprised of a single row, or multiple rows of pavers that are arranged into a specific pattern that moves left to right, in a horizontal direction.
In most cases, this type of pattern is so appealing because it offers something familiar and recognizable to the viewer’s eye without being boring. This is because the patterns may not always line up with one another. This makes for rich visual texturing and interest.
Herringbone styling has always been among our favorites for Techo-Bloc paver patterns. This particular design is absolutely dazzling and will spark your imagination time and time again. The pattern gets its name from the Herring fish, as the layout of the pattern resembles the bone structure of these aquatic creatures.
The pavers are laid end-to-end and are laid in a sequence that creates hundreds of 90 degree angles across the surface of your hardscape. These 90 degree angles may all face the same direction, or variations may exist that create more of a “woven basket” appearance than a traditional zig-zag. In either instance, the result is absolutely stunning.
Some pavers, like flagging and Antika round paving stones lend themselves to more of a randomized patterns.
Because there is no symmetry or geometrical consistency to the individual pavers, it can be a lot of fun to arrange your hardscape into gorgeous, unique and completely one-of-a-kind patterns that will speak to your individual tastes and personality.
Tips for Settling on Techo-Bloc Paver Patterns
Wondering how to narrow down your options and settle on the perfect pattern for your Techo-Bloc pavers? The following tips will simplify the process:
- Consult with a Pro – If you’re not 100% confident in your ability to select the right pattern for your Techo-Bloc pavers, don’t sweat it; that’s what the professionals are for! Whether you hire a landscape designer or seek out the input of your trusted Techo Bloc supplier, you’re sure to get some helpful advice and powerful insight.
- Use Design Software – Design software tools are available to homeowners who want to get a better idea about which Techo-Bloc paver patterns and materials will look best in their own backyards and front yards. We suggest talking to your hardscaping professional about which tools to make use of. Depending on the tool, you could get a 3D look at a paver pattern in your own landscape, including a fly over view.
- Visit a Showroom – One of the best ways to get a handle on how a design pattern will actually look when used in an outdoor living space is to check out a space that has been constructed with the materials and/or paver patterns you’re interested in. The best Techo-Bloc dealers will allow you to visit local showrooms where you can get an in-person look at a full-scale hardscape that follows the Techo-Bloc paver patterns that have caught your eye.
- Consider the Longterm – When you’re planning a design for your landscape or hardscape, it’s important to remember that you’re creating a space that is going to last for a long time. Techo-Bloc products offer very high quality, and they will continue to function throughout your property throughout the years. That having been said, it’s wise to think beyond what’s happening “now” and focus on what you will love both in the moment and into the future. The patterns we have suggested all offer timeless beauty, but make sure that you’re going to love it for a long time.
Working with Techo-Bloc in NJ
If you’ve made the decision to work with Techo-Bloc pavers, congratulations! You’re going to be so happy with the finished product. At Braen Supply, we’re committed to helping you make your landscaping and hardscaping dreams come true.
As authorized Techo-Bloc dealers, we offer a full inventory of stunning pavers, and are more than happy to provide you with advice and information about the different Techo-Bloc patterns that you have to choose from.
You’ll always enjoy the most competitive pricing on our Techo-Bloc materials. Our Techo-Bloc products can be picked up from our locations or bulk delivered to job sites throughout parts of NJ, NY, NYC and PA.