Looking for a way to completely transform the look of your home? Thin stone veneers have become extremely popular throughout the northeast as they allow homeowners a means of expressing their unique senses of style, increase curb appeal and property value and improve home insulation.
If this sounds like the right solution for you and your home, you’re ready to get started. This guide will walk you through the process of selecting the hottest thin stone veneers in 2017.
Steps to Choosing the Right Thin Stone Veneer
Thin stone veneers are intended to last for a long time. They’re durable and weather resistant, making it possible for your home’s exterior to last for decades. As a result, it’s extremely important that you take the time to choose the right thin stone veneer for your property.
Here are a few tips for choosing veneers in 2017 that will continue to please you in the years to come:
- Consider Home Style – Certain types of thin stone veneers work better than others for specific styles of home. An elegant, Cape Cod style home, for example, might benefit from lighter colors and stacked stone whereas a romantic, storybook-type cottage would look stunning with darker hues and round river-rock. Other homes may benefit from wider cut stone and symmetry, while still others look best with irregular shapes and patterns.
- Consider Other Landscaping Elements – If you’ve used one type of stone for your driveway or patio, it might clash against certain types of thin stone veneer that you may be considering for your home. You might want to obtain samples of veneers and see how they look next to your existing landscaping and hardscaping features.
- Choose Neutral Colors – One of the great things about thin stone veneers is that they generally come in warm, rich, neutral tones that evoke the sense of nature that arise from natural stone. Neutral shades of gray, tan, beige, brown, etc. are most likely to withstand the tests of time. These hues can also be paired with bolder colors painted on other home features like front doors and shutters. As trends change throughout the years, it’s easy to re-paint these features and ensure that they will continue to pair nicely with the stone veneer.
- Mix & Match – In some instances, homeowners have found it desirable to play around with different types of thin stone veneer to add even more vibrance and texture. In order to ensure that you’re happy with the design, we recommend that you work with a professional exterior designer who can help you to couple the right types of veneers together for your home.
Other Ways to Enjoy Thin Stone Veneer in 2017
Thin stone veneers don’t have to be strictly used for re-doing your home’s exterior. Some homeowners don’t want to commit to siding their entire home with a veneer, whereas others may be looking to save money by incorporating veneers into specific areas of the landscape or hardscape.
Some fun ideas for taking advantage of thin stone veneers throughout the entire property include:
- Columns – Those with large pillars or columns on the exterior of their properties can benefit from applying a thin stone veneer to their surfaces. These can be used to contrast nicely with a home’s exterior paint or with other features throughout the property.
- Mailbox Posts– It’s becoming increasingly popular for property owners to apply a facade of thin stone veneer to their mailbox posts. This adds just a little pop of intrigue and visual interest to the property. The mailbox can stand alone, or you might also choose to tie other landscaping features together with the mailbox through adding an identical veneer.
- Chimneys – Using thin stone veneers to create an attractive facade for chimneys can create a sophisticated, romantic or even rustic look for any home, depending on which style of decor you’re shooting for.
- Fireplaces – Many homeowners enjoy working with thin stone veneers when installing or refurbishing a fireplace. Fireplaces act as the focal point of both interior and exterior living spaces. This makes it important to choose an attractive material that will last for a long time and thin veneers fit the bill.
- Walls – Both interior and exterior walls can benefit from thin stone veneers. Either an entire wall or part of the wall can be surfaced with beautiful manufactured stone materials that will add rich colors and vibrant textures to outdoor living spaces, wine cellars, kitchens and more.
Where to Buy Thin Stone Veneers in 2017
Taking the time to find the best thin stone veneer supplier in your area will pay off. Here are a few things to look for:
- Materials Variety – When selecting a supplier, make sure that they offer a wide range of different thin stone veneer materials from a variety of different manufacturers. The last thing you want is to be forced to settle for a veneer that closely fits your needs and desires but isn’t an exact match. The more high quality options you have, the happier you’ll be with the finished project – both in 2017 and in the future.
- Authorized Dealer – A supplier may be selling a number of products from different manufacturers, but that doesn’t necessarily guarantee that they are authorized to do so. Never hesitate to ask your prospect supplier about their affiliations with top manufacturers to make sure that you’re getting fair prices on the real thing as opposed to a cheap knockoff.
- Knowledgeable Staff – Be on the lookout for a supplier that employs knowledgeable and courteous sales and service representatives who are happy to answer all of your questions about the thin stone veneer products that you’re considering. They should be able to quickly and accurately provide you with information and input that will guide you towards making the best possible decision.
- Fair Pricing – It’s always a good idea to obtain quotes from different thin stone veneer suppliers to get an accurate idea about who is and isn’t offering competitive market rates. A red flag should go up if you come upon a supplier that charges much more or less than similar vendors.
- Delivery Services – Unless you’re planning on hauling your materials on your own, you’ll need to find a supplier that also offers bulk delivery services. This will keep your project as simple and affordable as possible.
The Best Thin Stone Veneer Supplier in NJ
Braen Supply is the leading supplier of thin stone veneers throughout NJ and its surrounding areas. We work with the biggest names in stone veneer manufacturing to ensure that all of our customers are able to find materials that suit their specific needs and desires.
Our team is more than happy to work with you to find the right look and style of stone for your home or business. We offer competitive rates on all of our thin stone veneers and our products can be picked up or bulk delivered to locations throughout NJ, NY, PA and CT.