Bluestone flagging has a wide range of applications in the world of residential landscaping, and this material’s versatility is one of the major reasons it’s become so popular with homeowners.
Of course, its versatility complements its striking beauty; bluestone is one of the most attractive natural materials on the market.
It is available in a range of colors and tones to match your existing landscaping elements and your home’s architectural style.
One of the best things about bluestone is its ability to match just about any home style, from sleek and modern houses to classic estates and manors with old-world architecture.
With this in mind, let’s consider the many potential exterior and landscaping applications of bluestone flagging.
Bluestone Flagging: Landscaping Applications
Here are some of the most popular ways to make good use of bluestone flagging in your yard, garden and home exterior:
- Bluestone steps: This is one of the most popular and enduring uses of bluestone; bluestone steps beautify your home, increase its curb appeal and enhance its overall resale value.
- Pool decking and patios: Bluestone slabs can be used to create bold and original pool decking and patios; they are a particularly strong choice if you’re looking to maintain a natural look and feel.
- Mantels and hearths: If you’re building an outdoor hearth or mantelpiece, bluestone makes an excellent choice, thanks to its outstanding durability, striking beauty and natural weather resistance.
- Sills: Installing bluestone window sills can make a dramatic statement about your good taste, enhancing the appearance of stone, brick and wood exteriors.
- Walls: You can also craft retaining walls and perimeter fences from bluestone to create a unique yet functional barrier that enhances your privacy while supporting slope and drainage characteristics.
Bluestone Flagging: Choosing a Supplier
Taking full advantage of these exciting bluestone products requires that you find a supplier that’s positioned to meet your needs in a way that delivers quality and value.
That’s why it’s not the best idea to purchase your bluestone products from a generalized supplier or big-box retailer. In most cases, the staff at these stores don’t have the specialized knowledge or experience to help you choose the right products for your application.
It’s far better to work with a bluestone supplier that specializes in quarrying and manufactures its own products. These suppliers offer a superior combination of value, expertise and excellent service.
They’re able to answer any and all questions you may have about the relative merits of specific colors, textures and bluestone finishes for specific applications. You’ll benefit from their knowledge and make a better choice – and that means you’ll get more value from your investment.
The other reason it pays to choose a bluestone supplier that quarries its own raw materials is that you will save money while enjoying a higher-quality product. Bluestone suppliers that outsource their raw materials have to pay markups, and that means your price will increase.
It’s a better value proposition to choose a supplier that generates its own raw materials, since they eliminate middle men and make better quality products at more affordable prices.
Bluestone Flagging in NJ
Braen Supply is New Jersey’s leading supplier of bluestone and quality stone landscaping and decorative products. The company quarries its own stone and manufactures its own products in-house, and the pride of its quality craftsmanship shows in every product we offer.
Serving customers in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and the greater New York City area, Braen Supply is also pleased to offer valuable volume discounts to customers who purchase in bulk. Flexible and affordable delivery and drop-off services are also available.