Spring is the time of year when many NY homeowners decide to give their landscapes a makeover. The installation of a concrete paver driveway is an extremely simple and affordable yet highly effective means of completely transforming the look of your home and increasing property value.
To help you make a decision about using concrete driveway pavers for your home, we’ve put together this guide on everything that you need to know about these attractive and versatile paving stones.
Benefits of Concrete Driveway Pavers
Why do so many people choose to work with concrete driveway pavers? Doing so comes with many advantages. Some of the benefits include:
- Beauty – One of the main reasons that people fall in love with concrete driveway pavers is that they are so visually appealing. Many homeowners dream of having an elegant and upscale front driveway that’s paved with natural stone, but sometimes this is simply impractical and too expensive. Concrete pavers are designed to look just like natural stone. Some people actually prefer manufactured concrete pavers to natural stone because the craftsmen can eliminate the variables that occur in nature, providing more consistency and uniformity.
- Variety – As you look through your options for concrete driveway pavers, you’ll find that there are many different varieties of stone. It’s easy to find pavers that match with your personal sense of style because there are a multitude of colors, textures, cuts, treatments and shapes to select from.
- Design Flexibility – Because pavers can be cut in a number of shapes and styles, it’s easy to create interesting and unique patterns to suit your every whim. When planning the layout for your driveway, your only limitation will be your imagination.
- Ease of Installation – Each concrete driveway paver is designed to be easy to work with and install. You’ll be able to construct the driveway of your dreams in no time.
- Strength and Durability – Concrete driveway paver manufacturers take pride in engineering high quality pavers that will be able to handle the high volumes of traffic and wear and tear that are associated with a driveway. These pavers are uniquely suited for withstanding heavy weights and whatever Mother Nature throws their way.
- Longevity – When properly maintained, concrete driveway pavers can last for many years. This means that you can enjoy making good use of your driveway without having to worry about having to perform major refurbishment or replace it entirely every 5 years.
- Affordability – Concrete pavers have the look and beauty of natural stone at a fraction of the cost. When compared to many other paving materials, you’ll find that these pavers are very budget-friendly and well worth the investment.
- Low Maintenance – Taking care of concrete pavers doesn’t require a whole lot of elbow grease on your part. Very minimal effort is necessary in order to ensure that the pavers remain in pristine condition. Simply seal coating the pavers and setting up a regular washing schedule will do the trick.
- Warranty – Many concrete driveway paver manufacturers will actually back up their products with a lifetime guarantee or warranty. This is a mark of their confidence in the fact that their pavers are crafted with care and will withstand the tests of time. Even if something does go wrong with one of your pavers, you’ll be able to correct the issue without dipping into your savings.
Choosing the Right Concrete Driveway Pavers
As you look for concrete driveway pavers, you’ll find that there are many brands and manufacturers to choose from. It’s extremely important that you take the time to find the right match for your specific needs and desires.
You should begin by visiting a reliable, local supplier that carries a large inventory of concrete pavers. Be sure to confirm that your supplier is an authorized dealer of the products that they are selling.
Consider how each type of concrete driver paver would look within the scope of your existing landscape. You might ask your supplier if it’s possible for you to take a sample back to your property so that you can see firsthand how it will look against other landscaping and architectural features.
Never hesitate to ask about the processes used during the manufacture of your pavers so that you know you’re getting the highest quality product. Finally, find out whether or not your pavers are backed by a lifetime warranty.
Concrete Driveway Paver Prices
When compared to other driveway paving materials, concrete driveway pavers are very affordable. While there’s no one-size-fits-all solution for determining how much you’ll need to spend on a concrete driveway paver project, there are certain factors that can influence cost. Understanding these factors will help you to get the best deal possible.
First, it’s important to, once again, confirm that your supplier is authorized to sell the products that they carry. Authorized dealers will be able to offer the lowest and fairest pricing.
You’ll also be guaranteed to get the real thing instead of a cheap knockoff that will fall apart in a couple of years. Next, make sure that you stay local with your purchases.
Some online vendors may seem to have very cheap prices, but you could end up paying a lot more in delivery and shipping. You also won’t be able to physically examine the pavers before buying.
In addition to these, you’ll need to determine whether you’ll be handling the project on your own or working with a professional contractor. In the case of the latter, it’s wise to ask your supplier for recommendations for the best and most reasonably priced contractors in your areas. Finally, be sure to account for any delivery fees.
Concrete Driveway Paver Maintenance
Caring for your concrete paver driveway is extremely important. Through proper maintenance, you’ll be able to extend the life of your pavers for as long as possible, thus enabling you to get the most out of your investment.
The first thing you should do is to seal your driveway. The pavers are ready to be seal coated as early as 4 weeks after they have been installed. This allows for enough time for efflorescence to appear and be removed.
Be sure to thoroughly wash down your pavers and allow them to dry completely before sealing. Your pavers should be re-sealed every 3-4 years thereafter. In addition to sealing your driveway, you should also hose it down regularly to prevent the buildup of dirt, dust and residue.
Regular power washing is suggested for stain removal. Difficult oil stains can be treated by sprinkling kitty litter on top of the affected area and allowing the oil to absorb overnight. Simply sweep the litter away in the morning.
Where to Buy Concrete Driveway Pavers in NY
Braen Supply meets the landscaping and hardscaping needs of homeowners throughout Westchester, Rockland and Orange counties, as well as their surrounding areas. As the leading concrete driveway paver supplier in NY we’re able to offer a wide variety of different materials, based upon your needs and wishes.
We’re happy to work with you to make plans for your project and to answer any questions you may have. Our concrete driveway pavers are affordably priced and can be picked up or bulk delivered to areas throughout NJ, NY, NYC, PA and CT.