Any homeowner or business owner who has ever tackled a landscaping or gardening project has most likely been introduced to mulch as an optional material to use. In fact, mulch has become an essential component for many residential and commercial applications. There are several types of mulch available, but cedar mulch is typically the most popular, which is why it will be our primary focus for this discussion. The one question is… where can I find mulch near me? Our primary goal today is to answer that question, but we’ll also be looking at the uses of mulch, its benefits, and the types of cedar mulch available. What can we say? We like to be thorough whenever we’re covering an essential subject.
Uses of Quality Mulch
Mulch is a popular material for many types of projects that help enhance the appearance and functionality of your residential or commercial property. Here are a few of the most common uses:
- Landscape — Mulch has probably been a popular material for landscaping projects ever since landscaping was a thing. That’s how effective it is in improving the appearance of your landscape, in addition to other benefits. The affordable price doesn’t hurt, either, because that means all types of projects and budgets can take advantage.
- Gardening — If you’re searching for a material that will improve the health of your plants, look no further than mulch. This fantastic material is able to regulate soil temperatures and moisture levels, and will also prevent weeds from stealing nutrients from garden plants. Thanks to mulch, your garden will look and function magnificently.
- Walkways — Mulch is a popular material for walkways and paths in both residential and commercial applications because it’s soft and comfortable to walk on. Plus, the visual appeal of mulch means that the walkway or path will be pleasing to the eye for homeowners, business owners, and any visitors that come around.
- Playgrounds — At first glance, the use of mulch in playground areas is a given because it looks inviting and pleasant. But, there is another, much more important reason – it improves safety for your children. This is because mulch provides shock absorption while kids are running, jumping, and playing, decreasing the possibility of injury.
Where to Find Mulch Near Me
Mulch may not be difficult to find most of the time, but where you purchase it can be an important factor to successfully making it a part of your landscape. In fact, you may be tempted to purchase mulch online to save a few bucks, but this is a mistake. When you purchase mulch online or through a non-specialty store such as Walmart or Target, you’ll be missing out on the professional element. A supplier that has years of experience, such as Braen Supply, can provide you with valuable insight into how to get the most out of mulch and other landscaping materials. Plus, their experts can answer questions you may have from the beginning of a project to its end, and even after everything has been finished. This makes ordering from a reputable dealer absolutely indispensable and will help ensure that your project goes off without a hitch and has the best results possible. You simply can’t get that type of assistance when you order online or through a non-specialty retailer.
Benefits of Mulch in Landscaping
If you’ve decided to use mulch in your landscaping project, then you’ve definitely made a great choice. Here is a quick run-down of the benefits that you can expect:
- Appearance — Mulch comes in light hues, providing a neutral color palette that you can easily incorporate into any landscape design.
- Pleasant Smell — The pleasant, soothing odor of mulch will delight visitors to your home or business, thereby helping them feel welcomed.
- Improved Temp Control — The light hues of mulch also help control the temperature of soil around plants by absorbing just enough sunlight.
- Better Moisture Control — Mulch does a great job at negating evaporation of moisture by the sun, which will help promote healthier growth.
- Pest Control — Pests often don’t like the aroma of mulch, which means that many rodents and insects will give your landscape a wide berth.
- Valuable Nutrients — When mulch decomposes naturally, the soil is enriched with nutrients that are released during the process.
Types of Mulch Available
As explained above, cedar mulch is the most popular type of mulch available for both residential and commercial projects. Here are the three types for you to choose from:
- Brown (Natural) Cedar Mulch — This is a popular choice for many homeowners and business owners because it’s the closest to an earth tone. This will allow any landscaping, gardening, or other project to look as natural as possible.
- Black Cedar Mulch — This choice provides a striking difference between the mulch itself and the green vegetation, bright flowers, and other surrounding features. Plus, a black background or accent makes everything look better.
- Red Cedar Mulch — If you’re looking for a type of mulch that will stand out on your property, then this is definitely the one for you. This is, by far, the flashiest color of cedar mulch available, which means it will easily stand out.
Purchasing Mulch Near Me in NJ
Prior to beginning a landscaping project involving mulch or any other such material, you’ll need to locate a reputable supplier. For just under two decades, Braen Supply has been an industry leader in providing assistance with a multitude of landscaping tasks and materials, including mulch, stone, decorative gravel, and much more. Our staff has certainly been around the block more than once and can answer any questions you may have before, during, or after a project. All of our materials are competitively priced and can either be picked up locally at our NJ location or delivered in bulk to areas throughout parts of New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania.