Looking for a way to smarten up your landscape? Many New Jersey homeowners have found that the use of attractive brick pavers is the perfect solution. Throughout the centuries, brick pavers have been seen as an elegant, sophisticated hardscaping element.
In addition to looking fabulous, these versatile paving stones can be used in a number of ways throughout the property. Whether you’re installing a brand new driveway or constructing an inviting patio, pavers can help you to get the job done right on a budget that you can afford.
To get the most out of brick pavers, though, you need to know what to expect from the units, how to distinguish the best from the rest and where to go to get the highest quality materials. This post will address these and other questions.
What to Expect from the Best Brick Pavers
As you weigh your options and look at different brick pavers, there are certain characteristics that you should insist upon:
- Consistent Appearance – While some clay brick pavers may feature many variations in coloration, texture, shape, etc., the best materials will be crafted with the same consistent quality, time and time again. This will prove best for both esthetic purposes and structural integrity.
- Composition – Find out what, exactly, the clay brick pavers are comprised of. Are the highest quality materials used to manufacture each unit, and which processes are employed? Knowing this will tell you a lot about the reliability and value of the pavers.
- Size – Large and cumbersome brick pavers may be difficult to work with, but you don’t want materials that are too thin and brittle, either. Make sure that the pavers you select are optimally sized to meet the demands of daily foot and/or vehicular traffic, while still being simple to install and maintain.
- Design Flexibility – Look for clay brick pavers that will give you some freedom and flexibility in terms of your ability to create a beautiful design or pattern. This may mean determining how easily the bricks can or cannot be cut to shape and size for specific layouts.
- Durability – As mentioned previously, you need your brick paving stones to have the ability to endure a lot. The majority of projects which utilize brick pavers, such as driveways, patios, outdoor kitchens, etc., will be subject to heavy loads on a regular basis, so the bricks must not chip, crack, shift or scuff easily. The pavers should also be engineered to withstand the extreme temperature fluctuations that are so common in New Jersey and throughout the northeastern United States.
- Longevity – After investing in clay brick pavers, you want them to serve your needs for a long time. Look for materials that have been crafted to last for generations.
Choosing a Brick Paver Manufacturer
There are many different manufacturers who work to engineer clay brick pavers. Do you know how to choose the right one? Here are a few things to look for:
- Industry History – It’s always a good idea to do a little bit of research and see how long the manufacturer has been in business. Those that are well-established within the industry will have earned their place through hard work and a dedication to product excellence.
- Strong Customer Base – You can tell a lot about a company, simply, by paying attention to its fan base. Does the manufacturer have a loyal customer following? Customers are loyal to businesses that offer high quality materials and excellent service.
- Craftsmanship – It’s wise to take a look at the materials you’re considering purchasing before making a final decision. Take a hands-on approach to inspecting the clay brick pavers. Are the materials consistently crafted of the same quality? Do the pavers seem reliable, or do they crumble and flake to the touch? These are important things to note.
- Product Variety – It’s important that you have options when it comes to the design, layout, and usage of your clay brick paving stones. Look for a manufacturer that makes it possible for you to create interesting and unique patterns with the individual pavers. Be sure to also insist on working with a company that offers materials that can be used in varying ways throughout the property. This will ensure that your needs are met.
- Warranty Offerings – A manufacturer that truly takes pride in the clay brick pavers that it engineers will be more than happy to back its products up with a warranty. The best paving stone manufacturers offer lifetime guarantees on their materials. This will prevent you from spending more money in the event that a unit becomes damaged and requires repairs or replacement.
Choosing a Brick Paver Supplier
Finally, you need to find the right supplier from which to purchase your clay brick pavers. Be sure that you select a supplier that meets the following criteria:
- Authorized Dealer – It’s very important that you learn whether or not your prospective supplier is an authorized dealer for the products that it’s selling. Manufacturers will partner with suppliers in order to ensure that customers are working with companies that are familiar with the pavers and can provide accurate, reliable information. These are the companies, too, that will have access to the latest product offerings.
- Excellent Customer Service – Customer service is essential when purchasing clay brick pavers. Many homeowners find that they need some assistance throughout the process of determining how much material to purchase in order to complete the work. The best suppliers will be happy to help you calculate your materials needs – both for the paving stones and for any other required supplies. Your supplier should also answer any questions that you have, provide useful advice, and work with you to stick within your budget.
- Industry Connections – If you’re thinking about hiring a professional to complete your upcoming project on your behalf, it would behoove you to find a supplier that is well-connected within the industry. They’ll know which contractors are familiar with working with these types of pavers and which have the best reputations.
- Competitive Pricing – Obviously you want to make sure that you’re getting the best deal possible on your clay brick pavers. You might consider obtaining quotes from several prospective suppliers before making a decision. A red flag should go up if a company provides you with an estimate that’s much higher or lower than the rest.
- Bulk Delivery Services – In the majority of cases, customers find themselves in need of bulk quantities of brick pavers. Unless you have a truck or other means of transporting the materials on your own, it’s smart to seek out a supplier that offers bulk delivery services within your area. This will keep your costs down and make your life as simple as possible.
Braen Supply is the leading supplier of clay brick pavers in New Jersey and its surrounding areas. We strive to connect our customers with materials from the very best manufacturers at fair and competitive prices. Our team of experts are knowledgeable about the various pavers that we sell and can provide you with all of the information you need to make a decision about which materials to purchase and use.
Although the pavers are made for easy installation, you should talk to a contractor or a member if our staff to decide if self installation or contracted installation is the best for your project. Our pavers can be picked up or bulk delivered to locations throughout NJ, NY, PA, and CT.