If you’re looking for a reliable, affordable and knowledgeable bulk mulch supplier in NJ, Braen Supply has all your landscaping needs covered.
The company has long been one of the state’s leading names in landscaping and construction supplies and materials, and it has recently added a full range of bulk mulch options to its comprehensive product lineup.
Bulk Mulch Supplier NJ: The Many Uses of Bulk Mulch
Customers usually choose bulk mulch when they have a relatively large area to cover. It is most commonly purchased by construction contractors, landscaping companies and property maintenance professionals, as well as homeowners living on large acres and people with an ongoing need to refresh their existing landscape.
You can use bulk mulch in:
- Parks, playgrounds and recreational areas.
- Residential and commercial landscaping.
- Flower beds, yards and gardens.
- Walkways and pathways.
Bulk Mulch Supplier NJ: How Much Mulch Do You Need to Get the Job Done?
Using a bulk mulch calculator is the most reliable way to determine how much product you will need to fill in a given area. However, one thing to watch out for is the filling depth, as this can vary depending on the nature of the job.
Experts recommend filling in all covered area to a depth of at least 2 inches to 4 inches, though you may need 6 to 9 inches of depth for other applications. You can fill areas in gardens, flower beds and landscape elements to a shallower depth. Walkways and paths also normally require 2 to 4 inches of mulch.
On playgrounds, you’ll need to fill in the mulch more deeply, especially around equipment like swing sets, jungle gyms and anywhere else children might be jumping and playing. The deeper the mulch, the better it absorbs impact. This makes for a safer playing environment while reducing maintenance needs.
Bulk Mulch Supplier NJ: Your Best Product Options
While there are many different types of mulch available from bulk mulch suppliers in NJ, they can generally be classified into three broad categories:
- Hardwood mulch is made up of hardwood trimmings, which are roughly cut and assembled in non-uniform shapes. It is economical and ideal for filling in large areas, though it is dry in texture and requires a little more maintenance over time.
- Cedar mulch retains a little more moisture than hardwood mulch, and is made from higher-quality raw materials. While it’s still affordable, it is considered a step up from hardwood mulch and makes an ideal addition to residential and commercial landscapes.
- Dyed mulch is color-treated, and can be used to match existing design and landscape elements. Available in a wide range of hues, this premium option is recommended when appearance and aesthetics are the most important consideration.
Here are a few other things to keep in mind as you compare the various available products:
- Hardwood mulch is economical, but it also needs to be replaced more often since its light weight and dry texture make it more prone to scattering
- Cedar mulch offers the best balance between an affordable price and an attractive appearance
- Dyed mulch is the most expensive option, but it also lasts the longest and is widely considered to be the best option when aesthetics are a major concern
Bulk Mulch Supplier NJ: Get Your Estimate Today
Braen Supply has quickly become the most trusted bulk mulch supplier in NJ. The company offers highly competitive prices on all its bulk mulch products, along with outstanding customer service and expertise you just won’t find anywhere else.
Braen Supply also has a very wide and inclusive delivery area, offering service throughout New Jersey and the greater New York City area. If you need help selecting the right bulk mulch for the job, or if you’d like to obtain an estimate, please contact a Braen Supply customer service representative.