Concrete pavers are all the rage in the northeast right now. These beautifully crafted paving stones are capable of quickly transforming the look of any property on a budget you can afford.
While you may be drawn to the appearance of pavers at present, though, you may be wondering about the long-term benefits and practicality of working with these materials. Will concrete pavers actually increase your home’s value, and in what ways? How long will these paving stones last, and what return can you expect on your investment?
These and other questions will be addressed within this post.
Immediate Value of Concrete Pavers
There are a number of benefits that you’ll begin to enjoy immediately upon choosing to work with concrete pavers, including:
- Low-Cost Investment – Concrete pavers offer all of the beauty, strength, integrity and functionality of natural stone at a fraction of the cost.
- Fast Installation – Manufactured concrete paving stones are designed for fast, simple and efficient installations. This means that you can start enjoying the beauty of the pavers right away.
- Improved Curb Appeal – Your new pavers will instantly transform the look of your entire property and landscape. This will draw positive attention to your home and will actually increase your property’s overall value right from the very start.
- More Functional Outdoor Living Space – When you use concrete interlocking paving stones, you are able to get more out of your property. These stones make it possible to get more use out of your outdoor living space so you can live life to the fullest.
Long-Term Value of Concrete Pavers
In addition to the immediate advantages, there are a host of long-term benefits that homeowners will enjoy after installing concrete pavers, such as:
- Timeless Beauty – High quality concrete pavers offer a timeless elegance and beauty to any landscape. Since the stone can easily compliment and blend with other landscaping and architectural elements, you can rest assured that the pavers will continue to look fantastic even when changes are made to the property.
- Strength and Durability – Manufactured concrete pavers have the ability to withstand high volumes of foot and vehicular traffic without becoming strained, chipping or cracking. In addition, the pavers won’t easily scuff or become scratched from shoes, tires or patio furniture, etc.
- Weather Resistance – Here in the northeast, it’s extremely important that concrete pavers have the ability to withstand extreme weather conditions. Paving stones aren’t easily subject to cracking as a result of freeze-and-thaw cycles. In addition to this, the stone doesn’t fade when exposed to sunlight and doesn’t become discolored after the rain.
- Stain Resistance – Since so many homeowners plan on entertaining in the areas surrounding their concrete pavers, it’s natural to worry about dropped food and spilled beverages leading to stains and discoloration. Fortunately, concrete paving stones are designed to resist staining, and anything that is dropped or spilled upon the surface can be easily cleaned up without being permanently absorbed into the stone.
- Low Maintenance – It doesn’t take much effort on your part to care for and maintain your concrete pavers after they’ve been installed. We recommend that you sealcoat the paving stones after the construction processes has been completed, and that you re-seal the pavers every other year. In addition to this, you may want to sweep the surface of the pavers on a regular basis. Any stains can be addressed and removed with a mild detergent diluted in water.
- Safety and Traction – Many homeowners have concerns about their hardscape becoming slippery and unsafe when wet. This might occur after periods of rain, watering a garden or in areas surrounding a swimming pool. The great thing about concrete pavers is that they’re designed with textures that provide much needed traction. This will make it safer and easier to walk upon wet surface and will prevent slips and falls.
- Heat Resistant – Concrete does not tend to absorb heat which is a huge bonus for anyone looking to create an outdoor living space with concrete pavers. When gathering with family and friends, you don’t want to be uncomfortable as the result of sunlight or heat from an outdoor fire or kitchen being retained by your patio, kitchen or other areas. The concrete will ensure that temperatures remain ideal at all time.
- Lifetime Warranty – Seeing concrete pavers are so reliable, you may find that your manufacturer actually offers a lifetime guarantee or warranty on the paving stones. This means that, should one of your pavers become chipped, cracked or otherwise damaged, you will not need to invest any more of your hard-earned money on repairs and/or replacement.
Getting the Most Value from Concrete Pavers
In order to enjoy all of these benefits and maximize the value you receive from your investment in concrete pavers, it’s important that you take certain steps:
- Plan With Care – Because your concrete pavers will become such a lasting part of your landscape, it’s important that you take the time to carefully plan the design and layout of your project area. Be sure to select pavers that will suit your tastes throughout the years and play around with different patterns to make sure that you settle on one that you can live with for the long run. You might considering enlisting the help of a professional to ensure that you’re happy with your pavers for a lifetime.
- Choose the Right Manufacturer – It’s very important to take care when selecting the right manufacturer of concrete pavers. Look for a business that’s well-established and that follows consistent production process. Be sure to insist on skilled craftsmen who take pride in manufacturing a high quality product. The most honest and reliable manufacturers will be so confident in their products that they back up the pavers with a lifetime warranty.
- Choose the Right Supplier – In addition to finding the right manufacturer, you need to know how to choose a reputable supplier. This will prevent you from purchasing a cheap knockoff that is of a lower quality and won’t continue to serve your needs throughout the years. Look for suppliers that are authorized as dealers for the paving stone manufacturers that you are most interested in. These businesses will carry a variety of the desired manufacturer’s products and will have the most accurate information on the concrete pavers.
- Provide Proper TLC for Pavers – Once your paving stones have been installed, it’s your job to make sure that they’re well cared for. You may find that some manufacturers will only honor their warranties when suggested maintenance and care has been performed. This may include seal coating and regular washing. Be sure to find out what steps you need to take in order to protect your warranty.
Where to Buy Concrete Pavers in NJ
Braen Supply is the leading supplier of concrete pavers in NJ and its surrounding areas. We are connected with the top paving stone manufacturers, providing us with the latest product offerings and most up-to-date information on installation and care.
Our experts are designed for fast, simple and efficient installations, they can be challenging and at times overwhelming to the average homeowner. You should definitely consult with a contractor or our stuff to decide if DIY is the best option for your paver installation if you have any doubts.
Our knowledgeable staff is happy to answer any questions you may have and to help you make plans for your upcoming project. We offer fair and competitive pricing on all our pavers. Our pavers can be picked up or bulk delivered to locations throughout NJ, NY, PA and CT.