Manufactured concrete pavers are one of the most popular landscaping and hardscaping materials that we sell in Essex County and its surrounding areas.
New Jersey residents take great pride in the appearance of their properties, and value the ability to get the most out of their outdoor living spaces.
As a result, many choose to use concrete pavers in order to construct warm and inviting patios, welcoming front driveways, attractive paths, stunning pool decks and more.
In order to get the most out of concrete pavers, though, you need to know what to look for in your materials and where to go in order to purchase them. This post is your “cheat sheet” to choosing and buying concrete pavers in Essex County.
What to Expect From High Quality Concrete Pavers
How can you tell which pavers are any good? Here are a few characteristics of the best concrete paving stones:
- Consistent Appearance – Take a look at the concrete pavers that you’re considering. As you examine each individual stone unit, what do you notice in terms of consistency? Is the coloring uniform? Is the texturing the same from one to the next? What about the shape, cut, thickness and overall quality? If there are significant variations or inconsistencies, you should think twice before purchasing. A good manufacturer will take pride in offering the same consistent quality across the board in all of its pavers.
- Strong and Durable – Strength and durability are the hallmarks of excellent stone pavers. After installing your paving stones, after all, you want them to last for a long time. Look for materials that are able to withstand high volumes of foot and vehicular traffic and that won’t become easily scuffed, chipped, or cracked when exposed to sliding patio furniture, heavy usage, etc.
- Ability to Withstand the Elements – New Jersey homeowners are no strangers to extreme temperatures, and count on landscaping materials that are able to handle it all. The best concrete pavers will be able to hold up well when faced with the sun, wind, rain, snow and ice. Be sure to select pavers that aren’t prone to fading when exposed to sunlight, don’t become discolored when hit hard by rain and that won’t become frigid or cracked throughout freeze-and-thaw cycles.
- Stain-Resistant – No one wants to see their beautiful paving stones become blemished and stained when a spare rib is dropped or a glass of wine is spilled during a summertime cookout. High quality concrete pavers will be designed and engineered to resist permanent staining. When proper steps are followed, stains can be cleaned up and removed, leaving the stone looking as good as new.
- Backed By Warranty – One of the greatest things about concrete pavers is that the majority of reputable manufacturers will back them up with a lifetime warranty. This means that, in the event that something happens to one of the pavers, there will be no customer cost to repairing or replacing the damaged unit(s).
Choosing a Concrete Paving Stone Manufacturer
Of the many different manufacturers of concrete pavers, there are only a limited number who provide high quality materials that match the above criteria. These are the brands that have built solid reputations based around stellar production processes, excellent materials and superior customer service. The following is a list of our favorite manufacturers of concrete pavers.
Each have their own merits and specialties, so we recommend that you speak with a trusted professional about your project details before making a final decision.
- Belgard Pavers – Belgard pavers are a popular choice in Essex County because they come in a wide range of styles, shapes, sizes and colors. This makes it easy to incorporate the materials into any existing landscape, regardless of theme or surrounding structural designs.
- Cambridge Pavingstones – Cambridge Pavingstones are uniquely manufactured with ArmorTec, which works to preserve the beauty and integrity of each stone paver for decades.
- Numerous styles and patterns are available.
- Rosetta Pavers – Rosetta Stone concrete boasts pavers that are not only extremely attractive but that also offer a high degree of protective qualities. This makes it another top pick for many homeowners.
- Techo-Bloc Pavers -As one of the most trusted names in stone pavers, Techo-Bloc offers a massive variety of paving stones that are known for being extremely tough, durable and long-lasting – without much maintenance required.
Choosing a Concrete Paving Stone Supplier
In addition to choosing the right brand, you’ll need to seek out a reliable concrete paving stone supplier who will take the time to ensure that you walk away with the right product for your needs. Here are a few things to insist upon when selecting a supplier:
- Trusted Name – It’s always wise to look at your supplier’s reputation before giving them your business. How long have they been around, and do they have a satisfied customer following? Feel free to ask your prospective supplier for recommendations and references. You may also find that it’s helpful to browse online reviews of the business.
- Variety of Materials – Because different property owners have differing tastes and requirements, a good supplier must carry a wide variety of concrete pavers to meet a range of demands. The last thing you want is to feel like you’re forced to “settle” for a material because of limited options.
- Knowledgeable Staff – When you talk to a staff member, do you get the impression that he or she really knows what they’re talking about? Getting the correct information about a specific type of concrete paver can really make or break the success of your project, so it’s important that your supplier employs only those individuals who are knowledgeable about the different pavers they’re selling.
- Authorized Dealer – It is imperative that you only give your business to suppliers who are affiliated with the manufacturers of the products that they have for sale. Manufacturers will authorize certain dealers to sell their concrete pavers. These are the dealers who will have all of the correct, up-to-date information about the pavers and will be able to offer the newest products.
- Industry Connections – A well-connected supplier can make your life a whole lot easier. Homeowners who are in need of a reliable contractor to assist with the concrete paver installation process can count on such a supplier to point out the local contracting companies who have experience in working with concrete pavers, and who are known for doing great work. Contractors, conversely, can benefit from developing a relationship with such a supplier as a means of attracting new business.
Braen Supply is the go-to supplier for concrete pavers in Essex County and its neighboring areas. We have developed strong partnerships with the leading names in concrete paving stone manufacturing and are authorized to sell their products.
As such, we carry the very latest material offerings and are able to provide our customers with detailed, inside knowledge about each type of paver for sale.
We’re happy to work with you to accommodate your needs, ensure that you select the right material for the job and even direct you to local contractors who are familiar with working with the products that you purchase. We always recommend having a contractor install your project’s pavers for a simple and quick installation.Our concrete pavers can be picked up or bulk delivered to locations throughout NJ, NY, PA and CT.