Thinking about upgrading the appearance of your Essex County home? One of the best ways to improve the look and value of your property is to give your landscape a makeover. Many homeowners have found that working with manufactured paver stones makes it possible to create a sunning hardscape on an affordable budget.
Could this be the right decision for your property? Read through this post to see how investing in the right materials, making good use of pavers and proper paving stone care and maintenance can pay off big time.
Why choose concrete pavers? First things first: why would you choose manufactured concrete paver stones over natural stone to begin with? We receive this question from concerned customers all the time.
Your natural inclination may be to avoid the “cheap knockoff” for the real deal, but after looking at concrete paving stones, you’d be amazed at how attractive they really are. In fact, high quality pavers are designed and engineered to be virtually indistinguishable from natural stone.
In addition to looking great, concrete pavers are manufactured to be tough, durable and long-lasting. Since manufacturers don’t have to deal with the variables associated with natural stone (ie: color, texture, shape, size), it’s also a lot faster and simpler to produce pavers en masse.
The end result allows customers to work with incredibly beautiful and reliable paving stones at a fraction of the cost of natural materials.
Uses for Concrete Pavers
Once you’ve decided that concrete paving stones are a good fit for your property’s needs, you’re ready to start thinking about how you might use them throughout your property.
Paver stones are extremely versatile and can be used for both practical and decorative functions. Some of the most common ways that Essex County homeowners choose to use concrete pavers include:
- Driveways – There are few things that can immediately ramp up the curb appeal of a home like a newly installed stone paver driveway. With the right paving stones, you can create a sophisticated and elegant front drive that will make a true statement about your property and its worth. Concrete pavers don’t just look fabulous, though. The materials are designed to withstand heavy loads, making it possible to drive and walk upon the driveway for decades without signs of wear.
- Paths and Walkways – Paver stones are a popular choice for constructing lovely paths and walkways throughout the landscape. Whether you’re greeting guests with a winding front lane or creating a path to connect your patio with your back garden, concrete pavers will get the job done. The textured surface of paver stones also adds traction after the rain, making it safe to traverse them even in inclement weather.
- Patios – Paver stone patios are a hot item in NJ. Folks who enjoy taking advantage of the warmer months appreciate having a place to gather with loved ones, and a patio constructed with manufactured concrete pavers can truly set the tone. You’ll enjoy a lot of freedom in terms of selecting the style of pavers that suits your individual tastes as well as in creating unique patterns and design layouts. Paver stones don’t easily scratch or chip, so you won’t need to worry about sliding patio furniture or foot traffic.
- Pool Decks – A swimming pool without an attractive pool deck just looks naked. Concrete paving stones offer an affordable way to create a stunning deck that will look dazzling next to the waters, while also serving a purpose. The concrete remains cool when exposed to sunlight, creating a comfortable surface for bare feet. At the same time, the stones offer traction to prevent slips and falls.
- Outdoor Kitchens – Outdoor kitchens are becoming increasingly popular in our area, and homeowners are turning to paver stones in order to create a lovely and practical “floor.” Because the concrete pavers are designed to resist staining, you’ll be able to cook freely without stressing about spills.
- Fire Pits – Those with fire pits benefit from constructing a surround from concrete stone pavers. This creates an area for seating that will remain cool and comfortable and will not pose any fire threats.
Choosing the Right Concrete Pavers
In order to get the most out of your investment and reap the benefits of working with paver stones, you’ll need to take the time to select the right materials for your property. Here are a few things to consider when weighing your options:
- Manufacturer – It’s always important to make sure that you purchase concrete paving stones from a manufacturer that has earned its reputation for engineering consistently high quality products. While an “off brand” may offer a cheaper price initially, remember that you’ll get what you pay for. Trusted names within the industry have achieved their status through a commitment to excellence.
- Style and Appearance – Of course you’ll want to spend some time on considering how you’d like your concrete paver stones to look and blend within the scope of the rest of your landscape. In order to make sure that you make the right decision, you might want to consider asking your manufacturer or supplier for a sample to sit with for a few days.
- Design Flexibility – Some paver stones are designed to be incorporated into specific types of designs and patterns. Before selecting a material, you need to make sure that you’re happy with the layout and that the stones you’re choosing are compatible with the design that you have in mind.
- Ease of Installation – Make sure that your paving stones aren’t overly complicated to install – both the first time around or in the event that one of your pavers needs to be worked on or replaced. Although pavers aren’t overly complicated to work with, they still can be pretty tricky and possibly overwhelming when working with. When installing, base material, heavy machinery and cutting of pavers are needed at the job site. It’s recommended you speak with a contractor to determine the best installation plan for your project.
- Protective Features – Always look for concrete paving stones that have been designed and manufactured to withstand the elements, resist staining and remain free of chips and cracks. The best manufacturers will use certain protective features to ensure this is the case.
- Maintenance Procedures – How easy or difficult will it be to care for and maintain your paving stones? For the best return on investment, look for materials that don’t require that much in the way of TLC in order to continue to look and perform perfectly.
- Warranty – Honest and reputable manufacturers, who truly believe in the products that they’re selling, will take pride in their hard work and back it up with a lifetime guarantee on paving stones. In the event that something happens to one of your pavers, you’ll be able to have it replaced without losing money.
The Leading Supplier of Concrete Pavers in Essex County
After years in the industry, Braen Supply has earned its reputation as the leading supplier of concrete paver stones throughout Essex County and all of New Jersey. We work with the top names in paver stone manufacturing.
As authorized dealers of these products, we’re able to provide our customers with the latest and greatest offerings as well as the most accurate product information for installation, care, and maintenance. We’re passionate about helping our customers to find the right materials on a budget they can afford.
Our stone pavers are available at competitive prices and can be picked up or bulk delivered to locations throughout NJ, NY, PA and CT.